What's the general consensus on the Corsair RMx PSUs?

Man of Honour
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of picking up the Corsair RM1000X PSU but just wanted to see what real user feedback was like?

I'm a little concerned due to Corsair's bad rep in the PSU market over the last few years, is this PSU any different?

Any feedback will be gratefully received, thanks :)

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks guys, I didn't get any emails telling me I had replies :(

The one question is approx £144-£150 delivered so similar price to the Seasonic, main thing is I've got a voucher for a certain store so need to use it there.

JonnyGuru gave it a perfect 10 across the board but read reports of some units dying quickly?

Man of Honour
OP
What system you powering ? Unless you have 1080 ti SLI and a HEDT cpu then you shouldn't need 1000W.

As for which is better they are both very good units. The Corsair will be quieter if that is what you want.

I'll be running a HEDT CPU, Titan X & a full water cooling system with 11 fans, multiple hard drives etc.. so if I hit around 500-600W use that puts it in the most efficient point of the PSU, plus the 1000W models don't seem to cost much more than the 850W's, sometimes less depending on the make/model?

Looking around at feedback/reviews it seems that no one model or make now produces a strong reliable build, they all seem to be made cheaply, even seen a fair amount of bad comments regarding Seasonic, which never used to the case?

Man of Honour
OP
Only ever used Corsair PSUs for my builds over the last 14 years, on my 4th now (RM850) and never had a problem with them. Been running this one for ... 4 years I think.

The only thing I don't like are ribbon cables so my current rig has Cablemods braided version.
That's good to know :)

I'm thinking of getting the Cablemods braided set as well, how do you rate them?

Back
Top Bottom