Whats the RPM on the 120MM Fan that comes with the TTBTyphoon ?

Soldato
Some thing is seriously wrong with my system at the moment.

with my X2 4400+ @2.6ghz

and when both cores are running 100% each the temps go way up to
66c :o

i read somewhere that anywhere up there is damageing the X2 cpu.

so my question is i thought these TTBT HSF`s where the best Air Cooling HSF`s out there at the moment...

the fans rpm shows 1339RPM in SmartGuardian.

i read on the thermaltake site that the RPM should be maxing out at Fan Speed
1300 ±10% RPM, i guess that speed is correct then so why am i getting such crap performance from this HSF

the motherboard i have is a DFI LP NF4 Sli-DR board and i had to remove the backing plate becuse the screws wouldnt fit the normal way im just wondering if i mounted it correctly now as i dont think this is the performance its ment to give....

Soldato
OP
Cpu Core : 1.41v
i know my cpu does about 2.7-2.75 but i dread going up there with the temps that its currently running at lol

the system is completely stable but i definatly dont want to be over 60c on full load

i think the contact on the HSF isnt right flush with the cpu....

here is an example if i stick out my finger and press up at the bottom of the fan the hole hsf with very little ease with slide up the cpu lol and when i let go it will automaticly slide back down the cpu ROTF.....

its just its dam hard to corectly fit these things :o there isnt any guides out there either to fit these to DFI LP NF4 Boards :/

Soldato
OP
Well looks like im back to normal now :p

i reseated the HSF and followed what you guys said about tightning it untill the metal bracket started to bend lol

now when i booted up im idleing at 32c and maxloading at 47c
way way better than my previous 67c max load and 42c idleing lol

also used fresh slither of artic silver 5

what i did though was i didnt even have to remove the mobo hehe i placed the HSF down on the cpu then i put a nut on one side and tightened it untill the bracket started to lift off to one side then what i did was pressed the other side hard untill it started to bend and then i tightened the nut :p

works a charm....

thanks again guys for your unholy support. :) peice.

now im back at my 2.65ghz with 1.423v or something like that hehe, when the artic silver after 200 hours phazes into the core correctly i will get even better load temps + i might try and shoot for my 2.7ghz spot again hehe :p

Back
Top Bottom