Whats this weirdness then?

n3x

n3x

Associate
Ok so this happens when i cold boot sometimes... anyone know what exactly is the prob? gfx related? a quick power off then on again fixes the problem straight away :confused:

weirdness6pg.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dots on the screen is usually a graphics card problem although I can't remember if it is core or memory offhand. Have you tried another PSU for this? It could be that it cannot supply enough power on a cold boot.

I don't know what size of picture this is or if it the uni network playing up again but it is taking an age to load.

//edit I decided I should look and according to Ultra Extremes sticky sparklies like here are usually a core problem so if it is overclocked stop it for the moment.

Last edited:

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
Hmm well i tried overclocking the card a while back but its abit of a turkey so everythings at stock, bit worrying as its only 3 months old... should i start looking for my receipt? :mad:

Surely any overclocks dont kick in until it boots into windows tho?

Defcon5 said:
err, what weirdness?

Does your post screen always look like that then? :p

I dont have another psu to hand at the moment so canne try that.

Last edited:
Associate
problem is u can damage the gfx card memory perm. if clocked too far.

my card did this but because of a faulty capacitor.
my housemate's card did this probably because it was oc'd too far for too long, and he had to buy a new one.

Man of Honour
n3x said:
Hmm well i tried overclocking the card a while back but its abit of a turkey so everythings at stock, bit worrying as its only 3 months old... should i start looking for my receipt? :mad:

Surely any overclocks dont kick in until it boots into windows tho?

Depends on if you a) modded the cards bios or b) damaged it by overclocking too far totally. The fact it is intermittent is weird though.

n3x

n3x

Associate
OP
sorry not sure why it was so hoooge! its abit better now :)

Dont even know how to mod the bios, and i try never to push things too far :(

Yeah its only when i cold boot maybe once every couple of days... got no other probs with the puter either so its abit confusing. It may be a power issue because since i installed my nova-t the system refuses to turn on until i switch all power completely off and on again after a shutdown.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would try Re-Seating the card and using another power connector for the card. The fact that its only happening on cold boot makes me think posible power issue.

Back
Top Bottom