whats wrong with this

Associate
i don't understand why i get artifacting when my temps seem fine. i have five case fans and artic cooler fitted on my video card x850. my case temp is about 48c. here are two pictures

untitled.JPG

untitled2.JPG

Associate
OP
i had also a suspision that it was memory chips on video card overheating. when i took artic cooler off, the thermal pads were all sticky and nearly melted. they came with artic cooler packaging which is only thing i have. i don't know if i'm screwing the bolts to hard or is somthing else. how can i solve this?

Associate
OP
can i clean memory chips with some ordinary alcohol or water as there is some dry thermal paste on them. when i run artifact scan everything seem alright for about 15 seconds and then suddenly i get a lot of artifacts

first 15 seconds

untitled3.JPG

after 15 seconds

untitled4.JPG

Associate
OP
these are thermal pads from artic cooling. one word of advise don't buy powercolor video card because memory chips overheat way too much

IMG_08731.jpg

Associate
OP
i was wondering if my card is now damaged beyond repair. now i get this on screen but i still don't know what the problem is??

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

Caporegime
Jesus lol, i had this on my 9800XT. I frazzled some of the memory and the card couldnt handle any heat at all and would produce those screens of lines.
Thats seriously not good. And this is happening at stock now?
Time for another GFX card id say.

Associate
OP
yeah it is kind of funny :( this card has been a nightmere from the start. i will never buy powercolor graphics card again. £200 pounds wasted. which nvidia card is sort of equivalent of radeon x850 xt agp and where to buy from?

Soldato
get either the 6800 gs or ultra if u can find it second hand, otherwise look at the 7800 GS if u have the money to burn as these are top agp cards available. (and yes i know the 7900 GS has appeared but only like 1.5k of them made so not likely to get hold of any).

Back
Top Bottom