What's your weekly flutter?

Soldato
A couple of lines on the lottery when I notice the jackpots have gotten large enough. So maybe once every couple of months or so rather than a weekly flutter.

Soldato
Similar here, but with Video Slots instead, and it's £100 once a month.

What are you favourite slots? I like Big Time Gaming e.g. Danger High Voltage and Nolmit City e.g. East Coast vs West Coast and Punk Rocker :)
i rotate between 5 of them i think.

Wings of RA - max payout had £100
Regal beasts - max payout had £200
Beriched - max payout had £150
luck of the irish had - £300

Soldato
National Lottery syndicate at work.

Postcode Lottery, just because if I had to see the neighbours prancing up and down the street yelling "SOMEONES KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR..." waving their giant cheques around while I peek behind the curtains might be enough to send me over the edge.

Oh and I've got a chunk of my savings in Premium Bonds at the moment simply because I need relatively short notice to get to it (hopefully < 1 year for a house purchase) and there are no decent savings rates so I'd rather gamble away the guaranteed 0.7% on the chance of getting a bit more. Currently averaging 0.82% :o

Associate
Nice. I use Dream Car Giveaways. Haven't won anything yet but know of someone in town who won an RS4 Avant.
very nice which sites do you use ?

I won a 208 GTi from Dream Car Giveaways and a friend won a SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee from them too
Prior to that I won a BMW S1000RR from 7days that I entered because of the low sales (good odds) and took cash alt :)
Otherwise look on Rev Comps & Elite Competitions although the latter I feel really pushes the limits of what is reasonable price wise

Easy to get carried away though so have to make a conscious effort to avoid that. Do wonder how long these types of competitions will be about before they get clamped down on (I do a lot of postal entries too, very hit and miss how they get processed). As some sites publish entry lists frequently see some people spending £1k plus on single draws with some of them...

Permabanned
Rarely gamble, World cup is about all I ever gamble on other than a lotto ticket now and again. In fact this thread made me go get a ticket and I also bought an online scratch card that won £100. :cry:

Consigliere
Funnily enough that isnt even the biggest proportion of their takings either.

Pray tell - you're throwing around these wild statements without any backing.

I don't know anything about the National Lottery apart from lots of people buy tickets = create the prize funds so I am relying on you to educate me on this topic. :)

Soldato
Pray tell - you're throwing around these wild statements without any backing.

I don't know anything about the National Lottery apart from lots of people buy tickets = create the prize funds so I am relying on you to educate me on this topic. :)
You know what? You are actually very right. I must be remember some weird dream I had.

The National Lottery is the state-franchised national lottery established in 1994 in the United Kingdom. It is operated by Camelot Group, to which the licence was granted in 1994, 2001 and again in 2007, and regulated by the Gambling Commission.

All prizes are paid as a lump sum and are tax-free. Of all money spent on National Lottery games, around 53% goes to the prize fund and 25% to "good causes"[1] as set out by Parliament (though some of this is considered by some to be a form of "stealth tax"[2] levied to support the National Lottery Community Fund, a fund constituted to support public spending).[3] 12% goes to the UK Government as lottery duty, 4% to retailers as commission, and a total of 5% to operator Camelot,[1] with 4% to cover operating costs and 1% as profit.[
Im starting to wonder if Im the one that spread all the lies about the EU now.

Last edited:
Soldato
I used to do the Lottery but realised over the last 12 months I'd only won two lots of £5. I cancelled the direct debit after Christmas, then the last draw I'd paid for won £30.

Soldato
i do £50 a month on Coral slots max normally come out with £100-250 pound a month.
Wife hates it and wants my luck.

i only play once a month, during last 15 minutes of Jackpot times (once a hour) Normally works for me. I withdrawn all but £50 ready for the next month :D
I’d love to see the breakdown on what “normally” is and over timescale, they are programmed for you to lose….

Back
Top Bottom