What's your weekly flutter?

Man of Honour
Hahahaha, I'm completely the opposite. The one thing I will never compromise on is being warm and cosy in my own house. I can cut back on stupid nerd toys that I don't need and won't affect my life one jot, but the thermostat almost never goes below 20c.

I hear you there loud and clear, being cold is an absolute no-no for me but I have murders with the enemy, who’s a cold weather freak, always trying to turn down the thermostat or open a door or window.
As for gambling, same numbers on the Euro and Lotto twice every week, £9 and that’s it.

i rotate between 5 of them i think.

Wings of RA - max payout had £100
Regal beasts - max payout had £200
Beriched - max payout had £150
luck of the irish had - £300

I know Luck of the Irish :) Don't know the others, but I'm guessing Wings of Ra is a "book" slot like Book of Ra.

What stake do you play? I normally play on 40p and I've had wins like yours on that stake. Biggest win for me was £320 on Bar-X Safecracker on 2 separate occasions (Apr 2021 and Dec 2021).

Soldato
I’d love to see the breakdown on what “normally” is and over timescale, they are programmed for you to lose….
over a year ago

i did start recording
every spin
on every game
stake
win amount
spins before win

however gave up after a month as spreadsheet was too timeconsuming now just record +/-

Generally its win-win-win-lose for me
sounds silly but if i dont play a month my winning seem bigger maybe nothing, also soon as i win +25 i withdrawn

my breakdown
december - +£20
January didnt play
febuary +£102
March -£50
May +£100
june +£250
July -£20
August +£60
September -didnt play
October +£150
November +£80
December +£143
January -£50

Last edited:
Soldato
No gambling for me, I'm doing a 'no spend January' after having a nasty shock seeing how much I spend on Amazon **** every month. I'm only buying stuff I actually need for the forseeable future. The money I would have spent on that is going in to my ISA instead.

Soldato
The amount the National Lottery hand to charity compared to how much they keep is criminal.

eh? You can see for yourself on page 32 of their report: https://assets.publishing.service.g...year_ended_31_March_2020__Web_Accessible_.pdf

£16m kept to run the National Lottery Distribution Fund and £1.8bn out to bodies that distribute grants to good causes. For sure those those organisations also take some money out of that to operate but it's nowhere near what they then pass on to good causes - I can be reasonably certain of this without digging out their accounts as I've had two as my clients and my wife ran one of the old ones.

Now if you're talking about the money Camelot make then that's publicly available too: https://annualreport2021.camelotgro...lot-AR2021-Financial-Statements-and-Notes.pdf

£8bn ticket sales
£5bn in prizes, £1bn in lottery duty/tax and £1.8bn to the NLDF as previously mentioned.

Of what's left, when they take out their running costs they make about £100m profit (which they pay corporation tax on). Not a small amount granted but 1.25% of the ticket sales isn't what I'd call "criminal" for a private profit making enterprise I wouldn't say.

Man of Honour
I've been doing the Lottery since the day it started and from the first £20 I put in I'm still winning (small obviously) and got about £64 in the account.
Also put £1 a week in a works Euromillions syndicate for the last two years.

Soldato
Heating. I like to try and keep the house as cold as possible to save money on the heating bill. Might not sound like gambling but its a fine line between money saving and being murdered by the missus so I think there is definitely a risk involved.
True dat

Caporegime
Lottery, I have a punt on Set for Life, Euro Millions and the Lotto draws, rarely do I win my money back.

Couple of scratch cards every night, again, rarely get back my stake, i think my biggest win was £200 off one £2 card.

Like to buy a few 99p 7DaysPerformance tickets too, not won zip so far.

Spend I’d say roughly £50 per week, in my previous pub going days (which I’ve long since ditched) I could easily blow that per night.

You’ve got to be in it to win it, right?

I think my biggest problem is I know a guy who won a few million on the lottery a few years back, so I know you can win even though I know long term, you only lose….

Caporegime
Fair play I would quit while you have some winnings:p
Contrary to popular belief, the RTP on online slots is so high compared to physical machines that there’s always a decent chance of winning.

Physical machines keep around 25p in the pound, online slots only keep around 3-5p in the pound. Even if you don’t win it’s hard to lose a lot of money as the slot will return a lot of your stake.

Soldato
Oh god, who mentioned dreamcargiveaway. I've since signed up and spent a tenner on tickets to win a jaguar f pace.

I watxhed the live draw for someone to win a Merc C63. The guy who won barely raised an eyebrow. Seriously. I'd be going mental.

Contrary to popular belief, the RTP on online slots is so high compared to physical machines that there’s always a decent chance of winning.

Physical machines keep around 25p in the pound, online slots only keep around 3-5p in the pound. Even if you don’t win it’s hard to lose a lot of money as the slot will return a lot of your stake.

Yeah, it's called payout percentage.

Regular fruit machines have a payout of around 80% which means that for every £100 that goes into the machine, £80 goes back out in prizes and the other 20% goes to the operator. Then that 20% is split into profit / staff wages, taxes, machine maintenance and other overheads.

An online fruit machine (called a slot machine) has a payout percentage of around 94% to 97%, so like you said, they only keep around 3-6p in the pound.

The payout percentage on the Camelot lottery is only 50% O.o

The Health Lottery fares slightly better at 60% but that's still **** poor.

Back
Top Bottom