What's your weekly flutter?

Soldato
My old boss won a £1 million on the Lotto several years ago. This is far superior to that as it's a huge wage effectively and means you can relax and spend within reason all the time. Madness if you won £5million at once I'd be dead in a week.

Only thing I would say is to remember to save for retirement. Putting aside 25% will be wise to see you truly set for life.

Soldato
The number checker link Dereck mentioned and Ayahuasca linked to.

Congrats!

Obvs you've posted here but you're anon/semi-anon on here, are you planning to tell anyone?

I'd personally only tell close family and ask them to keep it quiet, you don't owe anyone any handouts. Perhaps feign an interest in crypto and/or change to a new career/employer if this does end up substantially affecting your lifestyle.

Great uncle died and left you a bit so you've got a bigger house, did well in the new job so got a new car etc. Or just: "yeah crypto has gone well though it's super risky, decided to put some into a house, I almost lost everything on some other coins so I wouldn't want to give any advice, I just got lucky with it I guess"
I only posted here because I'm semi-anon. In the real world only 2 very close family members know and that's the way I'm keeping it.
That timing though, congrats again fella :)

Hope your boss is canny, wouldn't want a steamy dump to appear on his/her desk :D

think that is wise bud depending on your age if your young then you are golden.

done my euros for tonight.
I hate my job and the family-owned company I work for they are horrible people so I'll have no regrets leaving but I know for my own sanity I can't do nothing with my time so I'll get an easy part time job to fill my time in.

Last edited:
Soldato
I only posted here because I'm semi-anon. In the real world only 2 very close family members know and that's the way I'm keeping it.

I hate my job and the family-owned company I work for they are horrible people so I'll have no regrets leaving but I know for my own insanity I can't do nothing with my time so I'll get an easy part time job to fill my time in.
volunteering, travelling, help the needy. All great things that can be done in future. I don't think I'd ever actually work for any one again in your situation.

Soldato
its for 30 years lol, he could blow the 10k each month knowing he is getting another.

great prize.

£10k today is going to be worth a lot less then 10k in 25 years time. And on top of that if he is say, 30 years old, what is he going to do when 60? £7.5k is still a lot of money today. He may also wish to see his children inherit something in the future too. No need to leave all sensibility behind while still enjoying the freedom this provides.

Caporegime
You joke but lotto winners are less likely to have a happily ever after
[...]

Some basic stats fails there, unfortunately, if he wants to make comparisons it should be based on lottery players and skewed towards the sort of people who play the lottery more frequently, not the general population. People who play the lottery frequently will be more likely to experience drug addiction in general for example.

Some of it seems like good advice and I don't doubt that things like a big 8 or 9 figure win can attract negative publicity, probably less of a worry for Lee and his annuity win.

Soldato
I know I'm extremely lucky to win this, I always put the same numbers on Set For Life but I don't always put every draw on. Imagine if I found out these numbers came out on a draw I hadn't put on! I think I'll be throwing myself under a train if that happened.

Soldato
How do you fake it? Honestly I won. I had a lengthy phone call this morning with the regional claims adviser and I've got an appointment booked next week to sign the paperwork for the annuity.

Certainly wasn't accusing you of faking the win when I asked the question cos the prize checker spits out the same winning message as the one you posted for me
Amazing result with the win!

Soldato
Certainly wasn't accusing you of faking the win when I asked the question cos the prize checker spits out the same winning message as the one you posted for me
Amazing result with the win!

I realise that now but my first photo was a crop of the 3rd photo with the "ticket" next to it. I didn't get the results up by typing my numbers into the checker.

Permabanned
£10k today is going to be worth a lot less then 10k in 25 years time. And on top of that if he is say, 30 years old, what is he going to do when 60? £7.5k is still a lot of money today. He may also wish to see his children inherit something in the future too. No need to leave all sensibility behind while still enjoying the freedom this provides.

thats a bit of great info there, put a few k in a none touch saving for say 10 years or so.

do not gamble.

Back
Top Bottom