WhatsApp restore from Android to iPhone?

Soldato
Hi All

So I'm moving back to IOS and have about 4gb of WhatsApp chat and media stored on Google drive is there any 2imple way of restoring this back to my new iPhone?

Looks painful when I read up on the interweb

Thanks Mart

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I don’t understand how it’s so hard.... all my WhatsApp from my android phone , transferred to my ipad once I set my account up on it.
That's slightly different, your iPad is effectively using WhatsApp for web, in effect linked to your phone. It's not like moving from one phone to another.

Associate
Just transferred my Viber and Whatsapp from my Note8 to my XS Max. Lost all messages. Viber for desktop wasnt affected and still has all my messages. Whatsapp for desktop lost all messages as well.

Soldato
OP
Just transferred my Viber and Whatsapp from my Note8 to my XS Max. Lost all messages. Viber for desktop wasnt affected and still has all my messages. Whatsapp for desktop lost all messages as well.
It must be that WhatsApp store the backup in Google Drive, mine was the same, just a few "old" messages were still there when I went from Google Pixel XL2 to iPhone Xs Max

Back
Top Bottom