Wheels stiff

Soldato
Going to try explain this as well as I can, but car starts fine but when I first start off I have to give it some welly to get the car to move it feels like the wheels are locked. You get a bit of a racket then slowly you can get going.

what’s the score with that?

Soldato
OP
Have you been using your car as normal or has it been parked up for most of the time? If the latter it may get better with some use. If not then best get it checked out.

I’ve been in week in work one week at home, I would say the car might be sat no longer than a week. I guess it’s never sat that long really.

It might just be in my head but it feels like it scrapes until I break a few times before getting of the cul de sac.

Soldato
OP
Just sounds like brakes sticking with rust in the damp weather, especially so if it's only doing it after it's been sat for a day or two.

Classic symptoms, bit of effort to move off with a clunk and then a horrible scraping noise the first couple of times you brake and then as if nothing had happened.

I’m going to go with this, using the car every day the last few days and it’s not happening. I’ll monitor it.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom