When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
The BP app has been really flaky this week, not showing chargers etc. I wonder if they're having problems more generally. My local council give you 3 hours free if you're charging but best to check as it is down to the whims of your local council.

The trouble is nobody needs 3 hours to charge on a 50kw charger, and other EV drivers won't appreciate it if your car is there for the full 3 hours and 100% full.

Plus some chargers, actually cost you a lot if you are connected past the point your car has a full charge.

Soldato
The trouble is nobody needs 3 hours to charge on a 50kw charger, and other EV drivers won't appreciate it if your car is there for the full 3 hours and 100% full.

Plus some chargers, actually cost you a lot if you are connected past the point your car has a full charge.
Yep - BP Pulse charge £10 per hour after 90 minutes on their 50kw chargers

The BP app has been really flaky this week, not showing chargers etc.
Glad it’s not just me.
Nothing has been updating in terms of charging use. Like their whole system is offline.

Soldato
The BP app has been really flaky this week, not showing chargers etc
Aren't there meta apps, for availbility/pricing ? or they all get data through the the underlying (flaky) service provider;
maybe it WJA96 was who itemised his apps - but one meta app to rule them all would be preferable ...

Associate

Obviously. The carparks I'm talking about have 7kw chargers, no overstay fees on those AFAIK.

Soldato
Well the wife went in to town today and managed to get a charge point working. Only now when she was done, the app bombed out when trying to disconnect so the charge post won’t release the cable and it’s now locked in there. What a complete faff, she’s now on the phone to their customer support waiting for ages until someone can be arsed to answer the phone :rolleyes:

We don’t have a drive so have to use public chargers, if this is the hassle you have to go through, then EV ownership is a no no for me until they sort this kind of crap out

Soldato
Well the wife went in to town today and managed to get a charge point working. Only now when she was done, the app bombed out when trying to disconnect so the charge post won’t release the cable and it’s now locked in there. What a complete faff, she’s now on the phone to their customer support waiting for ages until someone can be arsed to answer the phone :rolleyes:

We don’t have a drive so have to use public chargers, if this is the hassle you have to go through, then EV ownership is a no no for me until they sort this kind of crap out

Someone I know had the opposite and it just wouldn't change lol. Got stranded and had to stay overnight to wait for a flatbed with crane to move the thing. Breakdown guy couldn't do anything with it, nor could the dealer, it had to be shipped back to the factory in fricking Japan. Welcome to the future.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is where the RFID card avoids a lot of faff.

Yeah, she did consider it but didn’t want to pay for a subscription for it. She’s ok now, after 30mins waiting for customer services, they did a remote unlock so she’s got the cable back. She’s loving being able to drive the EPace in EV mode, saying she loves how quiet it is.

She’s got an RFID for Shell chargers only the local Shell has a Geniepoint charger so can’t use the RFID she has:confused:

Soldato

Was the cable only locked into the post? Or both the post and the vehicle?

If it was both then it could have been simple user error, as you may just need to press the unlock button on the key fob (again) to release the cable. I've personally never seen a charge post hold a cable in, only the vehicle.

Here's a link if this is the vehicle you mentioned earlier.

Soldato
Was the cable only locked into the post? Or both the post and the vehicle?

It was locked in the post. She called customer services and was ringing for 30mins before she spoke to someone, who did a remote release so all good. The guy at customer services said they were having problems with the whole network for the past week or so which would explain the connect/disconnect problems.

Soldato
It was locked in the post. She called customer services and was ringing for 30mins before she spoke to someone, who did a remote release so all good. The guy at customer services said they were having problems with the whole network for the past week or so which would explain the connect/disconnect problems.

That is frustrating, as the post is supposed to release the cable if you terminate the charge from the vehicle as well, not just the app, so there must have been some serious problems for that to happen. Obviously they need to address the unlock function when comms aren't working, and allow the car to control it, not the post. The public PodPoint chargers work like this, so they can't keep your cable hostage.

Soldato
I've gone full electric now with a peugeot e2008 which is nice but so so fickle when trying to charge with public or my home ev wall charger,

Anyone else got a peugeot 2021 ev?

Back
Top Bottom