When can we expect 5600m laptops in UK?

Associate
Oh cool, its out in the UK.
I have just had a look at the specs and for some reason i thought i had read it comes with 90WHr but it shows as only 51Whr? 0_o
@Lokken86 and @DanTheMan - has your order arrived with you yet? Would love to hear your general thoughts on it and if you could confirm on the battery.

Also, am i right in saying this has RAM space and another nvme drive slot?

Soldato
I have just had a look at the specs and for some reason i thought i had read it comes with 90WHr but it shows as only 51Whr? 0_o
@Lokken86 and @DanTheMan - has your order arrived with you yet? Would love to hear your general thoughts on it and if you could confirm on the battery.

I think it's only the reviewers who have received 90whr batteries. My order states 51whr battery.

It's not due until 17th June, happy to post a quick review / couple of benchmarks once I receive it.

Soldato
OP

Mine states a 51wh battery also. According to the manual it has room for 1x 2230 nvme and 1x 2280 m2 drive. There are 2 sodimm slots both will be occupied by the 16gb it comes with, though you use the 2280 slot for Optane memory if you wish. Mine states delivery by the 16th but shipping on the 2nd.

Soldato
I have a Dell G5 with 5600m it’s ok although my kids laptop with a 2060 is quicker in games even with a 9300 i5....

Ye I'm fully expecting it to be slower than a 2060. I was planning on getting a 1660ti laptop but couldn't resist a 5600m for slightly more.

There's no way I would have paid full price for the Dell G5 but at just over 1k, it seemed like a bargain. I'm also hoping newer drivers will be released which will improve gaming performance.

Does your G5 run really hot moogleys? There's only a few first hand reviews on YouTube and they all seem to have it running close to 100*.

Soldato
Ye I'm fully expecting it to be slower than a 2060. I was planning on getting a 1660ti laptop but couldn't resist a 5600m for slightly more.

There's no way I would have paid full price for the Dell G5 but at just over 1k, it seemed like a bargain. I'm also hoping newer drivers will be released which will improve gaming performance.

Does your G5 run really hot moogleys? There's only a few first hand reviews on YouTube and they all seem to have it running close to 100*.

It does run pretty hot CPU is at around 95-100c playing anno 1800 it’s also quite noisy at times the fans ramp up a fair bit. No issues with drivers but tbh I have only played anno and a bit of Forza so far.

Associate
I have a Dell G5 with 5600m it’s ok although my kids laptop with a 2060 is quicker in games even with a 9300 i5....
Have you used game shift? Apparently with that it is supposed to be between a 2060 and a 2070 maxQ but without it it is only a little better than a 1660ti.
Mine isn't coming until the 15th but I'll also report on how it is.

Soldato
Soldato
Thanks a lot for the info. Kind of supports what I've read elsewhere.

Are you happy with the laptop in general or wish you'd bought something else? Also, what 2060 laptop doesn't your kid have and does it run cooler / quieter?

I’m happy with it. I have a few laptops on the go at once so not sure how long it will stay but I wouldn’t have any issue using it.

kids have a Lenovo Y540 which tbh is a fantastic bit of kit. It runs cooler and is quieter and is a much nicer laptop in general. New ones are due out soon...

Soldato
I’m happy with it. I have a few laptops on the go at once so not sure how long it will stay but I wouldn’t have any issue using it.

kids have a Lenovo Y540 which tbh is a fantastic bit of kit. It runs cooler and is quieter and is a much nicer laptop in general. New ones are due out soon...

I cancelled my order for a Y540 as it only has 1 ram slot so no option of dual channel and limits potential upgrades. It also only had a 1650 so not quite what I needed. Otherwise, it looked like an amazing bit of kit for the money.

Part of me wonders if I'd really notice the £400 difference in reality though!

Soldato
I cancelled my order for a Y540 as it only has 1 ram slot so no option of dual channel and limits potential upgrades. It also only had a 1650 so not quite what I needed. Otherwise, it looked like an amazing bit of kit for the money.

Part of me wonders if I'd really notice the £400 difference in reality though!

Every Y540 I have seen has two ram slots. I think the Asus Zephyrus has a single slot with 8gb soldered on board....

Soldato
Yep my bad, it wasn't he L340 that I ordered.

If the G5 turns out to run mega hot, I'm tempted to return it and get the Y540 with a 2060.

It does run quite hot but it is cooling a decent level of hardware. There is a new Lenovo coming out soon with the AMD CPU’s and Nvidia GPU’s the Legion 5. Whether it’s better though I have no idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not overly concerned about it running hot though you can probably undervolt the gpu to help with the temperature.
I'm going to test with and without a cooling pad to see how it effects things might be able get a few more mhz out of it.

Back
Top Bottom