When I was a youngster..

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
And when I was sick off school, I watched the ITV Schools just for the groovy countdown theme.

I did the same when I was off sick from school. Watched it all regardless of the age range for the shows. I had 6 weeks off aged 10 with a severe chest infection which borderline pneumonia and watched all the school programmes. Around the school programmes and Children's BBC and CITV, I watched whatever quiz shows were on Going For Gold, Crosswits, Turnabout, Win Lose or Draw. Give Us A Clue to name a few.

Ar school, we insisted that the teachers didn't fast forward the ITV Schools countdown as we had to sing along to it. Dee Dee Dee D-Dee Dee Dee..... Teachers recorded stuff for us to watch at another time.

Soldato
Remember the outro for starfeet had naughts and crosses too.

And good old Br Benn..

And of course..

Don't forget

Which is quite apt ITT since no-one else woke up until Bagpuss did :p

Oh and another rare odd classic!

Childrens TV show creators took too much acid in the 60's and 70's :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I remember getting up at 6am making breakfast and watching Garfield and Friends, think that was maybe weekdays before school but not 100% on that!

Early 90's nan finally got an colour TV. Then summer holidays came round with these

And when I was sick off school, I watched the ITV Schools just for the groovy countdown theme.

The theme tunes to those are amazing! Ox Tales has a sax solo!

Soldato
Prince Valiant was badass. I think it would be a good watch even as an adult.

From the opening scene teaching kids about game theory, you can tell cartoons back then were not dumbed down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Early 90's nan finally got an colour TV. Then summer holidays came round with these

The mention of nan reminded me

Caporegime
I remember getting up at 6am making breakfast and watching Garfield and Friends, think that was maybe weekdays before school but not 100% on that!

The theme tunes to those are amazing! Ox Tales has a sax solo!
Bet you had cereal. Probably Frosties or coco pops. All kids seem to eat cereal when watching morning kids stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I was gutted when they didn't finish this

Im sure they did.

Didn't they get back home in the end but returned back to the fantasy world? Cant remember why.

The cartoon reminded me of watching this around the sametime.

But I only remember Season 6, T-Bag and the Pearls of Wisdom.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom