• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When is OcUK getting 2500K in stock?

the only way they can move it forward is if Intel say so, & that'll only happen if an indie shop brings in sufficient stock from asia & breaks the embargo, forcing Intels hands.

i'm sure i read the release date is tomorrow on a few websites and it says 5th on wikipedia. Think they may have moved the date forward. Lets hope spie lets us know soon.

i'm sure i read the release date is tomorrow on a few websites and it says 5th on wikipedia. Think they may have moved the date forward. Lets hope spie lets us know soon.

The NDA date and the on sale date were different, 5th & 9th.

I am not sure if they are moving th on sale date forward.

I doubt it will come early.
CES 2011 starts on the 6th and ends on the 9th.
Intel will be showing the Sandy Bridge at CES. It makes sense to release it on the last day, build some extra hype for the early adopters on the fence

it makes sense what Gegenki has said. so I guess we just gotta sit tight us SB wanters :p I hope they have plenty of stock!!

is strange considering we got the reviews.... people that have been patiently with there money and kept there wallet closed and some how made it past Xmas and VAT going up and they still gotta sodding wait another week, edit this Sunday to buy it ?

Sounds bit mad to me they should release it on a weekday or a day when shops are usualy open....

Sunday? pffff lol

anyhow can tell Ocuk been so quite, bet we see some stonking great bundles.... 2500K @ 4.5ghz is on my betting list. 2600K @ 4.8ghz.

is strange considering we got the reviews.... people that have been patiently with there money and kept there wallet closed and some how made it past Xmas and VAT going up and they still gotta sodding wait another week, edit this Sunday to buy it ?

Sounds bit mad to me they should release it on a weekday or a day when shops are usualy open....

Sunday? pffff lol

anyhow can tell Ocuk been so quite, bet we see some stonking great bundles.... 2500K @ 4.5ghz is on my betting list. 2600K @ 4.8ghz.

What shops are going to sell sandybridge?

I've been to PC World, Currys and Comet today after work and they had nothing but Pentium Dual cores and AMD Athlons, was quite appalled actually.

There is going to be a lot of competition initially, as there are many "early adopters" who are anxious to get their hands on a Sandy Bridge CPU... and motherboard, especially as this is something a bit out of the ordinary.

Read the many reviews (such as the one mentioned above) if you don't believe me, and as I am sure that OcUK will want their share of the pie, I can see their initial prices being as competitive as ever! ;)

No chance anything (especially CPU's) will be released for sale before the 9th though... not by any self respecting resellers anyway, as the last thing they want to do is to upset Intel... assuming of course that they wish to continue selling their products!

Regarding pricing, I have seen £170'ish around... seems about right. Not to say they won't be more expensive though.

No chance!

It is very slightly more expensive than the core i7 950 which is around £210 in some places before the VAT rise but with sandy bridge being new places like ocuk charge a really high premium so expect it to be a minimum of £240 in UK after the increased VAT. Most likely a lot higher for the first 3 weeks which retailers rape us dry then the prices will lower to around £240 once the people who are waiting for sandy bridge have got theirs.

I'm hoping that the H67 boards won't be too expensive, a new core i3 and a H67 board would be nice for a non-gaming/encoding pc, nice and fast and fairly cheap.

Back
Top Bottom