• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
Pretty glad i got a 2080 super before covid hit, still plays everything i want to at the minute, not many new games hold my interest now, but i would have to think twice nowadays if i were to upgrade, cost way too much at the moment

Soldato
The two previous posts to mine both read "nm". So I was going for this (a stretch, obviously);

Worst part is I'm walking round the house now going "mnem menem" .. surprised I forgot that one as I and my brother use to tease my sister rotten with it when she was in her moods.

By the way welcome to the forums you have posted some very good replies, hope you have many fond years here as many of us have.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
just had a quick look to see what i could get today for what i paid (390 give or take) for my gtx1070 in 201, and in stock the best i can get is a 3060 at £349.

yes its a nice jump up from a 1070, but honestly im not impressed with what could be around a 30% improvement in 5 years for the same money, got to love the pricing now :/

so in short when are gpu prices going down, lol never ?

Soldato
just had a quick look to see what i could get today for what i paid (390 give or take) for my gtx1070 in 201, and in stock the best i can get is a 3060 at £349.

yes its a nice jump up from a 1070, but honestly im not impressed with what could be around a 30% improvement in 5 years for the same money, got to love the pricing now :/

so in short when are gpu prices going down, lol never ?

You could have got a 3060 ti a couple of weeks ago for £390.

All prices have just gone up because the £ tanked in the last 2 weeks.

Last edited:

GAC

GAC

Soldato
You could have got a 3060 ti a couple of weeks ago for £390.

All prices have just gone up because the £ tanked in the last 2 weeks.
true, even so thats still not a huge jump up for the same money i paid for a card over 5 years ago.

i know when i do pull the trigger il get reamed but it seems the past couple of generations have been rather dire. hopefully no more bitcoins and the like for at least 5 years.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
aQX8Qxe_460s.jpg

Soldato
I retract all my previous comments about prices and all bets are now off.

I would buy a 6950XT right now before the USA empties all the shelves, if things pan out good you can always flog it otherwise, hold onto it like it is your precious.

Jay2Centz was right, he was just ahead of his time LOL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom