• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Caporegime
image.png

Associate
I was looking to get a PNY GeForce RTX 3080 Revel Triple Fan LHR 12GB GDDR6X at £700 but it's since went up twice in price. Now sitting at £758.99 :( Will probably go up further before I get the money together for it.

Associate
GPU prices only go up thanks to tory party economics

Prices shot up when Nvidia released pricing for the 4090.

Retailers realised there is a big difference to what people want to pay for next gen and what is available and allowed them to remove any discounts. 6800's and 3080's all jumped £100 before the recent drop in £ value and government 'budgets'

Soldato
More lightly used mining gpus soon for sale..

But but miners look after their cards.... :cry:

Cheap GPUS coming soon with a huge catch
:cry:
. but but miners look after their cards they care to do that because it makes them money blaa blaa blaa.
:rolleyes:
Reality right there when it comes to selling them on.

Enjoy the flood literally flooding gear with water to clean them to sell on to people that have no idea what these miners are doing.

:cry:

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
What’s wrong with that? I always jet wash my PC at least twice a week.

Then I go and clean out my car with a micro-vacuum and some compressed air.

Soldato
I've completely cleaned graphics cards before. Soaking them is fine as long as it is distilled water or isopropyl alcohol etc. How do you think electronics are cleaned?

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve used tap water before. It’s OK so long as you dry it fully and quickly. Obviously the problem with tap water is minerals, but it can still be done safely.

Soldato
*has visions of someone putting a 2k 3090ti under the tap in the kitchen*

I mean it would probably be fine haha. I don’t recommend anyone else doing it, but I do it all the time with retro hardware. I dry them with a hairdryer, don’t ever let them sit around wet or damp obviously because that’s when the damage really happens.

And if it’s a motherboard, take the battery out!

Associate
3070 TUF has gone up to £629. Half regretting not getting it when on sale at £550, especially as a large custom outdoor scene in HL:Alyx VR started to stutter a bit. But even £550 seems a little steep considering it's now 2 years old. I can't figure out what's going on anymore.

Soldato
3070 TUF has gone up to £629. Half regretting not getting it when on sale at £550, especially as a large custom outdoor scene in HL:Alyx VR started to stutter a bit. But even £550 seems a little steep considering it's now 2 years old. I can't figure out what's going on anymore.

You can get the FE 3070 ti for £549.

Last edited:
Associate
. I can't figure out what's going on anymore.

I know that's not really a question and we all know the reason, but i'll just repeat it anyway, even if just to keep reminding myself.

People keep buying them. Releasing cards at all time high prices then dropping them a bit has got increasingly more people using the word bargain.

Back
Top Bottom