• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Caporegime
Not to mention nothing I have played or plan to play in that time frame needs the extra grunt.
That's why I picked up the XTX, at Ultrawide it just doesn't need a 4090 unless you are keeping it for 5yrs then it should serve well! Throttles it quite badly too from what I've seen vs 4080/S.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Associate
Keep looking at used cards like 6900 for £400 and have to remind myself that £400 for a 4 year old card is not a deal regardless of the context!
I dunno, if someone offered me a working 1962 Austin Healy for 1/3 of the original £1362 asking price I'd bite their hand off :p

(for the avoidance of doubt I am, absolutely, taking the mick :p )

Associate
I'm thinking about upgrading my 3060Ti FE to a 4070 FE, mainly for VR. I'm not sure if the 4070 Super would really be worth the extra £50 though?

Any thoughts on this, or should I be looking at something else in similar budget? (c.£550)

Caporegime
I can't see Nvidia's pricing changing any time soon, especially on the back of this....

Nvidia's market value has surged past $3tn (£2.3tn), lifting the chip giant ahead of Apple to become the second most valuable publicly listed company in the world.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's incredible and yeah can't imagine that's good news for gamers
I can only see people moving away from Nvidia GPUs as a benefit to PC gaming.

The sooner that happens the better and hopefully this forum will also move on from the endless crying about Nvidia and their pricing.

Associate
Our only hope is that the margins will awaken some more dormant IP holders.
Shall we go to Canada and find some dark ritual to release the kraken Matrox from its niche slumber?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Our only hope is that the margins will awaken some more dormant IP holders.
Shall we go to Canada and find some dark ritual to release the kraken Matrox from its niche slumber?

Can't see that happening. Just one look at Intel and their struggles tells me that.

Nvidia would be wise not to dump too hard on their gaming devision. The AI gravy train might not be forever as companies start to make their own ASICs. Only so much they can take the **** with their pricing.

If I was in charge at Nvidia I would just milk gamers with the deep pockets but seem relatively sane (not cheap) for the mid range.

Back
Top Bottom