• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
I think I read on the motherboard thread someone was having bluetooth issues not specifically xbox pad related, more general issues.
Someone said to make sure you've got a WiFi antenna plugged in.
Maybe the BT module shares the antenna with the WiFi module to get better signal?

That would make sense in the context of the above.
That might as well be the case.

Associate
Yes.
Plenty switched since lock down/mining/scalping because of the price increases.

Nv just cut out the above factors and increased price to last gens street price, with AMD slightly cheaper in their shadow.
I don't believe you, I do not believe someone would stop playing the games they like because they can't justify the latest GPU so they swap platforms to play different games. That makes them sound like alcoholics who'll drink paint thinner because they can't get anything else.

If you're just claiming they switched platforms because the same games were available fair enough but that wasn't the question being asked and my original point that arguing over which can do better 60 fps or whatever misses the point.

Soldato
I don't believe you, I do not believe someone would stop playing the games they like because they can't justify the latest GPU so they swap platforms to play different games. That makes them sound like alcoholics who'll drink paint thinner because they can't get anything else.

If you're just claiming they switched platforms because the same games were available fair enough but that wasn't the question being asked and my original point that arguing over which can do better 60 fps or whatever misses the point.
I'm sure a tiny and insignificant percentage of PC gamers that like AAA cinematic experiences have tried to switch to a PS5 for example.

However, the amount of console gamers that grew up and switched to PC is staggering. The best selling console of all time is still the PS2. Core gaming has grown a lot since then and PC gaming has absorbed most of that growth.

Last edited:
Associate
Not cheap enough really when compared to some new deals, but eBay pricing is still insanity.
Yeah sunken cost fallacy. If you overpay on the way in you more on the way out.

Some people thinking a 2 year old USED 3080 at 500 being the market bottoming out is wild to me. Depreciation & lost warranty years should be at least 40-50% reduction not 15 imo

Soldato
Yeah sunken cost fallacy. If you overpay on the way in you more on the way out.

Some people thinking a 2 year old USED 3080 at 500 being the market bottoming out is wild to me. Depreciation & lost warranty years should be at least 40-50% reduction not 15 imo
When the 3080 price and performance was announced the 2080ti fell to £350 on the used market, It didn't stay there because of all the shortages back then but had ADA been any good in terms of price performance then a 3080 would be selling for sub £300 right now.

Suspended

Screenshot_20230612_172429_Samsung_Internet.jpg

Associate
Don’t see prices coming down significantly next gen. This gen I think we have seen the bottom (7900series and 4070ti/4080).

Anyone who thinks AMD and Nvidia will suddenly feel for gamers and cut prices is delusional.

Associate
Possibly, but on a positive note if you skip Ada/rdna3 then the next gen should attract significant bumps again for those not into serial gen upgrading.
It’s waiting another 18 months for AMD to release or another 15 months for Nvidia to release next gen. I suppose if a good deal on current gen happens to come by then people can grab that I suppose.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always the play if you can skip a gen that's why I always liked the 80 tier till recent price scam

Hopefully AMD can refine the chiplet for next one :)

Last edited:

str

str

Soldato
Is the 3090TI a better choice over the 3090 when running two in a system due to not having memory on the back of the card?

I found a place selling 3090TIs for a good price. Not sure I want 3.5 slot cards though, would have to water cool at least one of them.

Back
Top Bottom