• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When will GPUs return to normal pricing....

Caporegime
Gone are the days where top/high end GPUs like the 3080/6800xt were £500 at the very most....

When do we think we'll get back to somewhat normal pricing as with these £450 next gen consoles hitting 4k60 and similar settings to PC high, no one in their right mind would go PC now (talking just purely for gaming here)

Caporegime
OP
Some interesting insights here.

Always notice that too, "people only complain because they can't afford it" :rolleyes: It's called having principles and not being taken for a mug.

Caporegime
OP
I was looking around for 2080ti used GPUs but ridiculous pricing them too now!!!!

Bet the ones who picked up 2080tis for about £350 back when everyone was selling theirs because of the 3070 news are feeling real smug now!

Caporegime
OP
Will be interesting to see what the new excuse for hiking prices up will be.....

With brexit deal done, pound will surely strengthen considerably over the coming months so can no longer use the crutch of "brexit no deal!!!!! think of the pound" excuse :D

Caporegime
OP
We are in multi-year structural decline of the PC market, don’t be fooled by this stock tightening or talk about twitch streamers, the pool of people buying these GPU cards to put in a PC is going down every year, not up.

Exactly.

As the market becomes more niche, prices will go up to make up for lost sales, happens with everything.

These new consoles will only accelerate it even more, absolutely crazy the price of them considering you are basically now getting locked 4k60 with high graphical settings, something which only a £1500-2000 PC can achieve now, obviously fast forward a year or 2 and PC will be back in the lead with new hardware and all, but again, will the cost of the hardware to achieve a significant lead over the consoles be worth it?

I'll be picking up a series x or ps 5 at some point next year, just holding out for a good bundle and to see if the ps 5 will be getting any more great exclusive titles.

Been reading that PC monitors are the next thing to go mad on pricing, which is funny as they are already ridiculously over priced :D

Caporegime
OP
Rather of topic..... But, I've been happily using my 55e7 for 3+ years now and all sorts of HDR gaming, no sign of any burn in or image retention (the newer models are even more resistant to image retention etc.) Even if there was any, I would sooner replace it with another £1k OLED 3 years down the line than pay for a £1-3k LCD monitor

Got 60 hours in cyberpunk now too, although not hdr since it's broke and this is where oleds self emissive pixels is great as you still get true blacks, almost like HDR lite mode.

rgFaHK4l.jpg

CNXr4d5l.jpg

M9RDhuyl.jpg

8vCb3DSl.jpg

bCgXeozl.jpg

cbFTJudl.jpg

oF69jmjl.jpg

6fmJiwJl.jpg

65tjZOvl.jpg

bHyObJal.jpg

XngdsSal.jpg

XOo1rY3l.jpg

hhvgldRl.jpg

All in all, GPU pricing looks good if you compare it to the monitor market! :o

Caporegime
OP
Here's the funny thing, ps 5 and xbox are in MASSIVE demand (will be far more in demand than GPUs too) and are basically out of stock.... yet.... there is no price gouging going on with them at the most common re/e tailers

PC "enthusiasts" are getting milked proper and good this gen.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yeah that graph seems rather odd!

No way are consoles that?!

Although I do definitely agree with the way gaming is going, VR + cloud + mobile really is going to be the "future".

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This is all so easy, unless you need it for a job just don't buy it. No-one needs to buy one otherwise. I think what annoys people is their own weaknesses being taken advantage of and they feel a lack of control by being "forced to pay high prices". I'll just turn down a few settings or just go and do something else.

I suspect there are a lot of younger posters who haven't experienced the bad old days when computing was very expensive, unaffordable to many, and moved rapidly. That soon made your expensive hardware a worthless paperweight in a very short time.

Pretty much.

I've finished cyberpunk now so the need/want for a more powerful gpu has dwindled as my OC vega 56 still handles the majority of gaming perfectly ok with high/mostly maxed settings (1440 locked at 60 fps when on my oled tv and between 48-144 fps on my freesync monitor) so I am somewhat back to the wait this whole **** show out and see what happens come the time.

Back
Top Bottom