• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When will stocks get back to normal

Associate
you listen to most people on here a rx6700xt is mid range

but I know what you meen

I am guilty of that, if it can't do 4k60 on most newer games, it's not high end regardless of price. The resolution jump from HD to 4K has warped my perception of value.

Sometimes I miss the simpler days of paying £200 and feeling like I got value for money. The GTX 1060 6gb was one of my best buys along with the voodoo 2 and i5 2500k back in the day, got it just before all the mining stuff kicked off (the first time). Good times.

Associate
Get a Series X

Not doable if you want a warranty on that. The bots never sleep.

09:13 - Today Out of Stock
09:11 - Today In Stock
07:44 - Today Out of Stock
07:42 - Today In Stock
05:15 - Today Out of Stock
05:13 - Today In Stock
03:22 - Today Out of Stock
03:20 - Today In Stock

I wonder if a vendor selling Series X but not GPUs/PCs counts a Competitor since OCUK doesn't sell consoles?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If the 6700s haven't instantly sold out, that does rather imply that the stock situation is starting to improve. Sure, the price is ridiculous, but that's not going to last if stock doesn't sell out.

Associate
IMO 6700XT is the very top mid-range card, but nether AMD or intel are releasing traditional mid-range or low range this generation. the cost of everything is so high it's just not worth it for them.

Well for the 1% of this forum, AMD's cards for the masses is coming in the form of the 8GB RX 6600XT and 8GB RX 6600, better late than not at all.

Last edited:
Associate
To be fair, 700£ for gpu is like a ferrari as a car. it is a car but only 1% can afford it. Every one else drives Fiesta.

Same with gpu. it can be gold plated or total piece of crap, but 700£ is a lot of money.

main stream gps's are and allways will be in 200£ range. Performance is irelevant.

This gpu shortage will have huge afect on other component sales and on whole pc scene . Building your own pc will be afordable to those who drive ferrari.

Associate
There is plenty in stock at the moment, just not at the price everyone wants to pay.

Otherwise I assume you're asking when stock will be high enough for it to be a buyers market?

In such a case I'll give you the same answer as in the MSRP thread. The "fat" built into the current prices begin to shed around Q4, although will likely not be completely gone until next year. We you will likely not see any MSRP AIB cards in circulation until just before the next round of GPU's are about to launch, when the retailers are trying to dump old stock (probably of LHR cards).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom