Where are our mods?

Soldato
So, I've RTM'd some things recently and nothing has been done about them - competitors and other rule breaking.

Posts are jumped on quickly in GD and other forums yet 24 hours later in here and nothing? Are the console mods in hiding? The UB's not supplying the Dons with enough tea?

Bored minds wish to know!

Caporegime
Yeah I've noticed this a lot recently. I remember when GTA4 was coming out people were getting suspended left right and centre for competitor hinting yet now it seems all ok.

Soldato
It's the same vicious cycle as normal. It's checked on ruthlessly for a while and then starts to tail off and people start latching on and certain rules start to get bent/broken. It gets picked up on and it gets ruthless again until it tails off. Rinse and repeat.

Thankfully this section is pretty good though and certain members make sure we it stays relatively chaos free. Just has the odd blip here and there.

Soldato
What am I actually going to do? See the name of a supermarket and think "LOL I BET THEIR SIXTEEN GIGABYTE MEMORY STICKS ARE CHEAPER THAN OCUK :D"

That isn't the point. The point is that there are rules throughout the forum, they are enforced in certain areas (GD for example) but not in others (here). Whether you agree with the rule is irrelevant.

Soldato
Unfortunately it's been the case on this part of the board since the moderating team went through a major overhaul some years ago.

It was one of the reasons I stopped being an UB.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Wyrdo's a grass! :D

Haha :p

But really, I don't like seeing threads closed because of people breaking the rules - it's happened so many times in the past. I'm not saying I agree with all the rules but I'll adhere to them which is why I've been RTM'ing stuff.

A regular gaming forumite needs to be made moderator tbh, someone that already spends most of their time here.

Kreeeee and Andybtsn have both been made UB's but their powers are limited and I think Kreeeee has just started a new job so isn't very active here any more by the looks of things. There were things I RTM'd yesterday that I know Kreeeee would have commented on had he seen them.

Andybtsn appears to jsut be a slacker! :p

Last edited:
Don
It's always been like this. There has never, ever, been enough Dons within the console section. It's been raised before and will be raised again in the future I bet, but OCuK seem not to care about this sub section and it's moderation.

Soldato
i thought kreeeee was the dude for this section? even so i agree about the rules slipping but to be honest it's not as big an issue in here as in GD as this isn't so much about hardware which OcUK could claim direct competition with as it is about software for consoles (which OcUK do NOT sell), we aren't hinting at competitors because they are not in that respect. otherwise you'd have to ban threads in GD regarding favourite crisps as the number of supermarkets mentioned in those threads is astronomical but it would be ridiculous to say 'you can't recommend tesco for that brand of crisps because in a different department they sell anti virus software'.

Caporegime
Kreeeee is a UB not a don. I just don't understand why not, it isn't like they get paid. I bet quite a few of the long time regulars on here would be happy to do it and it can only improve the board.

Soldato
I got suspended for a week for only starring out the letters "hi" in a 4 letter word that can be heard during day time tv. I like this forum because its well behaved but sometimes the mods go a little ban happy over nothing. I didn't even get a warning like others do and the ones that get a warning sometimes type the full sweary.

I've also been suspended a few times for competitor hinting but I've seen others actually say the name of the store and nothing happens to them.

I honestly just think the console forum is looked down upon as this is a pc forum first and oc make their money from pc parts, not consoles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom