1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where did my store review go?

Discussion in 'OcUK Reviews' started by darudeuk, Oct 28, 2018.

1. darudeuk

Gangster

Mon, Oct 15, 12:57 PM (13 days ago)
    GeForce RTX 2080 AMP Edition 8192MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card

I 3 or 4 star reviewed this card and it's never made it on to the site? Now why is that OCUK?

I've still got a copy of confirm my review email, so I know it got sent and I clicked the link. I mean I'd hate to think that OCUK are "hand picking" reviews, or perhaps 12 years of being a customer is too short to be able to post a review.

I mean if you had an issue with it you could have found my order number and actually gone, hey what's up! but no! you've just deleted it.

2. MagicBoy

Capodecina

Passive Aggressive much?

3. darudeuk

Gangster

Troll elsewhere, this is a legit question and since you're not staff I see no reason why you would bother posting.

4. Hotwired

Soldato

On the other hand a check on the 9900K which is a more recent product shows reviews which have been permitted, recently.

5. hughtrimble

Wise Guy

Retailers can do what they want with their own site pretty much, which is why any ratings should not be taken at face value.

6. darudeuk

Gangster

One would hope OCUK is different what with thier community, I'd expect that crap from other sellers, not here.

7. Hotwired

Soldato

There's some Superlux headphones I like to buy from a german site, there's so many reviews on most products you can find out instantly if there's specific problems with a product or what it's specially good or bad at.

Or there's Screwfix, getting reviews from home to pro users, racking up over 1000 written reviews on long running products. Had to laugh when I bought a drill having read a review moaning about it being front heavy, then tried it and yes, yes it did like to tip forward. Still worth :p

8. Rroff

Man of Honour

I used to work for Screwfix dealing with internet orders (back in the day when there was still a fair bit of manual processing involved behind the scenes rather than the level of automation today) some of the problems and complaints left you despairing for the future of mankind - the number of people who couldn't figure out a simple on/off switch then blaming the product was unbelievable.

9. MagicBoy

Capodecina

With the aggressive and over-entitled tone of your OP, I'd be surprised if they got past the bold shouting before closing the tab.

You say :
    then follow up with

So which is it. It never got published, or published then deleted?

I've never seen a commitment that all reviews will be published.

Oh, and you forgot to shout every other non-staff member for replying to you. I almost feel singled out and abused. Luckily for you, I'm not a millennial.

10. Armageus

Don

@Bailey is this something you can look at?

11. Rroff

Man of Honour

Don't take it so personally - I've been a customer for coming up 14 years (maybe slightly longer I can't remember when my first order was though I can remember what it was) about half my reviews back along were never published with no discernable rhyme or reason - some with low rating were published others with 5 stars weren't and vice versa.

12. Bailey

OcUK Staff

I can take a look on the back end of the shopware software, with it being monday morning let me get all the management reports out of the way and I will take a look all being well this afternoon

Bailey

13. Ace Modder

Antec Rep

All reviews have to be approved before they appear on the website.

This was the job of the purchasing team when I worked for OcUK.