Where to buy loose tea

Associate
I drink a lot of tea and have recently switched from tea bags to loose tea. I can't find anywhere locally other than whittards to buy loose tea, and while their tea is very nice I get through it way too fast and would like something a little cheaper to drink from day to day. The supermarkets don't seem to stock very much loose tea, Sainsbury's only seem to have their own brand tea. I've looked online and while there are plenty of places to buy loose tea they all seem to be really expensive for delivery unless you buy a shed load. I'd ideally like to know what it's like before I buy £30 worth just to find that I don't really like it, so does anyone have any recommendations of places to buy some?

Soldato
Local Oriental / Asian Stores?

I get my Gunpowder, Green/Mocha, Jasmine and Sheng tea leaves from my regular trips to the Chinese Cash & Carry. Cheap but great for quality, my missus use to work for Whittards and their mark up is higher, but if you've got an outlet, it does work out cheaper when things are on offer.

Edit: A quick google and there's a handful of Chinese Supermarket in Devon, so you'll do fine. Shop around and try different brands.

Associate
OP
Supermarkets stock Twining's loose tea. My local Sainsbury's certainly does :confused:

Waitrose have a nice own brand range.

My local Sainsbury's only seems to stock their own brand tea which is OK but I'd like to try some others. I'll check out Waitrose though, thanks.

Local Oriental / Asian Stores?

I get my Gunpowder, Green/Mocha, Jasmine and Sheng tea leaves from my regular trips to the Chinese Cash & Carry. Cheap but great for quality, my missus use to work for Whittards and their mark up is higher, but if you've got an outlet, it does work out cheaper when things are on offer.

Edit: A quick google and there's a handful of Chinese Supermarket in Devon, so you'll do fine. Shop around and try different brands.

I hadn't thought of trying oriental shops. There are a couple locally so I'll have a look in there to see what's around, thanks

ADT

ADT

Associate
Any Arabic/Turkish shops/supermarkets will stock many brands of loose tea. My parents only drink loose tea and that's where they get it from

Man of Honour
If you are in Devon maybe closeish to http://www.djmiles.co.uk/ ? not sure what prices are like mind. (EDIT: Not sure what they have these days in terms of store fronts mind - think you can go into the place in Minehead but not 100% on that).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom