Where to sell bike?

Soldato
Hi guys, got my bike up for sale, advertised on several bike forums, but it just won't sell!

Comparing to same model bikes on autotrader, similar mileage costs £200-300 more than I've priced mine at, although I haven't advertised on autotrader/mcn/etc.

Speaking from previous experiences, where is the best place to sell a bike?

Bike is Yamaha YBR125.

Thanks for help in advance!

Bat

Bat

Associate
I'd say almost all members of bike forums have a bike already. A YBR125 is rarely going to be purchased as anything other than a first bike.

Perhaps you've answered your own question. You haven't advertised it in the right places!

Soldato
OP
On some forums they're are people asking for advice on what first bike to get to learn, or friends/family of members may be interested in the bike.

I'm selling it for £1550. It's not on Gumtree yet, but will be by the end of tonight.

Edit: ad up on gumtree and pistonheads, see how this goes!

Last edited:
Associate
Nothing wrong with putting a bike on a local forum - you never know who's just signed up or keeping an eye out for a sibling etc.

For a 125, id recommend gumtree - just be wary of the cowboys who will come out to see it and offer you half the asking price...

Soldato
OP
For a 125, id recommend gumtree - just be wary of the cowboys who will come out to see it and offer you half the asking price...

At the end of the day, they can come to see it but if they aren't willing to pay what I want for it, they aren't having it. I need a specific amount to fund the new bike. :) I've been honest as I can in the ad, so hoping people will have the decency not to try to screw me over with a rubbish price.

Associate
Speak to your local riding schools and see if can put Ad up on their board. Target rich environment!

If its safe to do so and some traffic passes - stick it outside your house with a sign on it.

Back
Top Bottom