Where to start? Building a Web site

Soldato
Ok, so I have no idea on where to begin with building a website.
I do know however, that I don't want to be held ransom by whoever builds it and then when additional changes need to be applied it costs an arm and a leg.

The website, would have linked information from other sports websites (information, results etc), be able to set up user profiles and then pay for those profiles. It is essentially building a 'skill game' website, testing the users ability.

So, where would I begin on something like this, it needs to be able to scale when/if needed, probably an app to go with it. Do I just source companies that provide these services? Feel like I'd be ripped off going this route.

In my mind, the best case scenario, is we have someone that joins our team as one of the founders and instead of money, they build the website and get a part of the business. However, I'm missing that one coding friend.

It could easily start of small, and then grow organically to test everything. :confused:

I know it's a little vague, but appreciate any input.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the response. If I had time to try it myself ( I still wouldn't :p), then it would not be professional looking at all.
Myself and some others will be the investors of the project, plus the running of the business. Time does equal money, but if I had the skill set, I'd rather risk that than the actual $$$, because I'm assuming it's gonna be 10's of thousands to get it going.

Good call on getting the domain name sorted out. The best option as you stated, is find someone hungry enough who is willing to build it for us and have a percentage of something. That one thing could net them thousands or nothing, but that's the risk!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom