Where you all at? (overclockers gaming community)

Associate
There is a lot of activity on the overclockers PC Games forum and overclockers has a steam group.

So, Why is there not a community? What happened to our teamspeak server?

Why am I not on the ocuk Ts3 after work playing random games with like minded people?

A search for "ocuk ts3" nets a thread from 09, Am I missing something? is there an active ocuk gaming community / "clan"?

If not then why?

Associate
OP
We can all consider ourselves a part of the ocuk community, But I wish we had an ocuk Gaming Community.

Playing games can be a lot more fun with other people, I understand many ocuk'ers are part of other communities, Although if an ocuk Gaming Community (with Ts/mumble, A separate website and game servers ect) Existed I'd of joined many years ago.

From the various forums I have browsed, The professional, friendly, helpful and polite mannerism of the ocuk forum sets it well above the rest. Nonsensical, Trolling and flaming are seldom seen on this forum which is such a relieve from this age of sexist, racist and childish BS.

Seriously though would anyone be interested in this at all? No necessarily having a hardcore clan as such (Membership is a given to forum'ers) but a casual relaxed Gaming Community where you can have a laugh or a banter among fellow people.

Associate
OP
No need for anyone to abandon any current groups, Consider the ocuk "Gaming Community" just that. except its public and open, a meeting ground of such.

People can do what they like, Be part of another group then occasionally play with the ocuk Gaming Community it doesn't matter.

I'm not asking for everybody to band together and create a huge ocuk "clan" but for the people who do wish, the opportunity to do so.

Associate
OP
Obviously it raises the question "Alright cool but why should we (ocuk)"

Why should ocuk fund a teamspeak server / game server.
Why should ocuk make time to moderate the user base.
Why would we want to put our reputation on the line if someone from this "community" is naughty.

Why do non-profit organisations exist? Makes the world a better place.

Ocuk provides a lot of products for numerous applications primarily pc gaming, I've browsed these forums for 10 years +, I have called upon it for help, I have helped those in need, I've purchased from ocuk numerous times, recommended them and I trust them.

I believe ocuk to be the #1 PC Gaming company in the UK, I cannot be the only one who wants to be a bigger part of that.

Associate
OP
Thank you ToejaM, You've raised some valid arguments.

Leading the community would be down to the responsibility of the community, The last community I was part of shared leadership between all its members, Held community meetings where matters of import were discussed and acted upon them in the best way that benefited all.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I think we can agree the creation of forum thread containing all servers would allow people to easily find what we already have would be beneficial.

I'd like to see an official ocuk teamspeak so we can all congregate and play games together.

Associate
OP
The community already provides servers that are privately hosted and administrated.
Ocuk does not need to provide any game servers as they already are provided by members of the community.

If we forget the idea of ocuk hosting game servers for a second (that COULD come later or not at all) and concentrate on the 2 biggest things I believe is missing;

**Where in gods righteous name do I find a list of our servers?**

Without finding each individual thread its difficult to actually know if there are any ocuk servers or servers provided for ocuk members available.

There are Andybtsn, Werewolf, rjkoneill, Maccy, ThundyCat, Zefan, Davey_Pitch, hilly.
8 moderators for the PC Games sub forum, 8 people who can edit and update forum posts on request?

Sticky and lock it, any servers owners wishing to get there server added to the list need only PM one of the moderators with details,
Hardly a pain in the ass.

Then we just need a ts3/vent/mumble server to congregate and meet fellow ocuk gamers on. I'd prefer to have an official ocuk VOIP server but if ocuk wants no involvement then I can provide one or another member of the community can as they already have with game servers.

Completely ignore the idea of ocuk hosting game servers, I was jumping to far ahead I admit it's a nice idea but as Frenchtart pointed out it would be a resource strain on the team.

TLDR: We need an Official server thread and VOIP server. Job done.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks 5UB, I can completely understand why we don't have game servers and agree it would be a strain to host them.

Other members of the community provide there own servers and maintain them, So ocuk needn't provide any game servers unless/until there are people trusted enough to maintain them.

However as I'm sure you've seen it would be a nice idea to have a server thread, but also a public official OcUK Teamspeak/Mumble/Vent server for everyone to use.

Personally I prefer TS3 because the UI is nicer everyone has there own preference but they all do the same job.

Back
Top Bottom