Which 20.1" widescreen monitors scale "native" 1280*1024?

Caporegime
I was reading with great interest that the new Phillips 20.1" widescreen scales 4:3 1280*1024 resolution in "native" mode ie: no stretching and if I get a widescreen monitor it HAS to have that feature, it's simply awesome.

Thing is i've only heard about the Phillips having it, are there any other 8ms 20.1" widescreens (preferably not TN) that do the same or is the Phillips currently one of a kind? :confused:

Unfortunately they are not 8ms...

Has anyone read much on the Acer AL2032WA? http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...Param=UK&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=919154368

Seems to be an MVA panel and says:

Featuring the best in LCD technology, connectivity and robust design within a smooth and sophisticated format. The sleek 20" widescreen supports the innovative 4:3 aspect ratio, ideal for a comfortable home cinema experience or for professionals requiring a large screen format for the best performance.

Think that means it just stretches, or that it scales?

Yeah i'm actually getting severely ticked off at the moment, seems that no monitor really does the job.

The Belinea is fast enough for gaming yet has dreadful bleed...

The Phillips has native scaling and great IQ yet now likely uses the same S-IPS panel as the 2005FPW with maybe a bit of overdrive thrown in, the same panel the 2007FPW is reported to also use... which some do not think suitable for fast gaming.

The BenQ is over-priced and a TN panel, as are many other models on the market now.

When is someone just going to bloomin bring out a 20.1" widescreen with an AOU MVA panel, minimal backlight bleed and native resolution scaling for under £400? :mad:

Pdog said:
Just out of interest why do you need the 8ms? The dell is what 16ms? not that much difference.

Is that a trick question? Why do I need a lower response rate? I'll leave you to figure that out yourself... :p

I do see posters point.

Some people (me being one of them) see noticeable ghosting on the 2005fpw.

Being a picky sod I would probably see it on the 8ms Philips too. I think I will sit out the next gen of widescreens then take another dive back into it. :)

I have the exact same problem, is it asking too much for £350 go get a 20" widescreen tft monitor with fast response, aspect ratio control, no back light bleeding and not using a TN panel

I'm still looking at the philips thread hourly at the moment, hoping that it might be the one, but as we don't know what panel it has I'm not buying, as mentioned in the other thread, the response time could just be exaggerated in paper

Also why do all these high end screen have speakers built-in that you cannot remove, we don't want them. Anyone who spends £350 on a screen will use a separate speaker system

I'm starting to think I should just get a tried and tested viewsonic vp930, but I really want a future proof widescreen.

There must be a screen that will do the job soon, I hope

Amen to that. Guess we'll have to see what the 3ms viewsonic is like, though I don't hold much hope for it doing the resolution scaling...

Can anyone provide mroe info on the Acer AL2032WA?

The Dell 20" doesnt scale natively to 1280X1024, afterall its 1680X1050 but the difference is barely noticeable when u do put it in aspect.

Vegeta said:
The Dell 20" doesnt scale natively to 1280X1024, afterall its 1680X1050 but the difference is barely noticeable when u do put it in aspect.

I believe OP was asking what monitors can display 1:1 pixels (borders obviously) without stretching to native res.
The Dell can do this. :)

Back
Top Bottom