Which 20" monitor?

• Thread starter Thread starter tom
  • Start date Start date

tom

tom

Soldato
Hey

I've decided I would like a 20" widescreen TFT as my primary monitor for my PC rig, and use my Viewsonic VP171B as a second monitor. I've been totally out of the hardware scene for ages now so have no clue whatsoever what to go for. Which 20" TFT should I go for and why?

Thanks
Tom

well that depends on your uses? There are a lot of great models covered in the sticky. Also som massive threads about the very popular Belinea 102035W, Dell 2005FPW and Philips 200W6CS which might help too :)

Mainly Photoshop/Flash/graphics. Not a big gamer, although having the option of chucking my Xbox360 in would be a bonus, though not a necessity.

What's the Belinea like, Reiver?

Tom

tom said:
Mainly Photoshop/Flash/graphics. Not a big gamer, although having the option of chucking my Xbox360 in would be a bonus, though not a necessity.

What's the Belinea like, Reiver?

Tom
I'm not sure mine is working 100% though. I'm getting pretty bad ghosting in games and when i scroll up and down in windows. Even when moving the mouse slowly in windows there is definite ghosting and motion blur. The screen has a sort of graininess to it which may be the twinkling from the overdrive that i've heard some people talk about. Whatever it is, it's not as clear a picture as my old screen (L1730b). One wonky pixel that shows blue on white background and black on red. Also i think OCUK sent me a used monitor. The box had been opened and resealed (two layers of tape) and the contents all looked like they'd been opened with the screws having scratches and the CD case slightly crumpled.
I think i'm going to have to try and get a replacement so i'm probably not best placed to judge how good the monitor is.
15rl2.jpg

29qd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom