Which 24/25 inch monitor?

Soldato
I'm thinking about changing my monitor (Dell U2311H), not that there's anything wrong with it. I've had it 14 years and it's never missed a beat.
But I'm curious about these high refresh rate monitors and if at the same resolution there will be much difference compared to my current 60Hz?

My monitor is pretty close, so I don't want anything bigger really. Plus I don't want to have to buy an expensive GPU.
I play pretty much exclusively League of Legends, nothing serious. On the rare occasion, an odd Steam game (RE, KF2, might get Baldur's Gate 3 at some point).

Any recommendations under £200? I've read a few things online and there's a few monitors that repeatedly get mentioned but some are now discontinued/model updates so not sure if they are still the ones to go for.

I have a mount so it doesn't matter about the stand/adjustabilty, nor do I use any USBs, or need speakers. Just purely about quality/reliability.

I've seen:

AOC 24G2SPAE 165Hz - £140 (the more expensive non-AE version just looks to have stand adjustability? Is the panel the same?)
Asus VG249Q (Not sure of exact differences between the model variations) 144/165Hz - £130-150
LG 24GN60R-B 144Hz - £130
MSI Optix G2422 170Hz - £130
Samsung Odyssey G3 165Hz - £180
Samsung Odyssey G4 240Hz - £190

Any of these an easy buy? Or something else?
Will my GTX 980 cut it? Or will I need to upgrade it a little?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom