Which 27" 1440p OLED - ASUS PG27AQDM vs LG 27GR95QE-B

Associate
Afternoon Guys and Gals, time for some 'War & Peace', so here goes..... I've took the step and moved back into PC gaming after a long hiatus, gaming wise I'd likely be playing a mix of FPS, survival and narrative story driven games (maybe to odd RTS) so would want a good all-rounder experience.

So right now I'm looking at adding an OLED to my new setup (this was priced into my budget) and I've narrowed it down to the 2-off 27" monitors in the title (ASUS PG27AQDM and LG 27GR95QE-B), I can purchase both at around the same price of £800, so I'm little split on what to go for, I see people raving about the ASUS for its SDR/HDR brightness and accuracy (although not sure if that would be an issue with burn-in as its not included in their warranty?), but I also note it's missing some features such as HDMI 2.1, USB-C input and proper hardware / factory calibration, all things the LG has.

Just to note, I was also looking at the ASUS PG34WCDM 4K Curved Ultrawide OLED which is due out Mid-February, but I'm a little hesitant to push beyond my budget, this would virtually be >£1300 to buy, I've never used an ultrawide monitor and I'm not really sure I want to move into 4K gaming at this screen size (I already use a LG CX 4k OLED for PS5/XSX console gaming).

So folks, which would be your pick and why? Help me OCUK Forum, you're my only hope!

My setup for info:
  • CPU: 7800X3D (AIO Cooled)
  • RAM: Lexar Ares DDR4 - 6400mhz CL32
  • GPU: 7900XTX
  • MOBO: ASUS B560E-E Gaming WIFI

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I’ve had both - returned the LG (brightness, lack of uniform brightness in desktop) and kept the ASUs. The ASUS is faultless.
And I can actually get the ASUS fractionally cheaper, only by about £20, but hey that a bit of steam credit haha, so I'll put that down as a mark for the ASUS, nice to get some real world feedback, appreciate it.

With HDMI 2.0, bandwidth wise, can you sill get the full 1440p / 240hz experience or would that be limited to the Display ports?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Did you consider the Alienware AW2725QF?

I had seen they had a new range coming, do we have an estimate on EU/UK release? I think they've already dropped in the US yes? I could potentially be interested in the 1440p 360hz model, although this sounds a bit strange, taken from that linked article:

Although the Dell spec sheet says (confusingly for the consumer) that the “HDM I 2.1” port only supports the older TMDS bandwidth from HDMI 2.0 and can only support up to 2560 x 1440 @ 144Hz – so not really offering any of the new HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, resolutions or refresh rates at all.

Associate
And I can actually get the ASUS fractionally cheaper, only by about £20, but hey that a bit of steam credit haha, so I'll put that down as a mark for the ASUS, nice to get some real world feedback, appreciate it.

With HDMI 2.0, bandwidth wise, can you sill get the full 1440p / 240hz experience or would that be limited to the Display ports?
I only ever use DP so wasn’t a consideration for me.

Associate
Update to latest firmware straight away it fixed a lot of could problems. There’s some standard settings on Reddit which are very good. The one for “racing mode” gives a very clean and perfectly balanced image and that’s what I use 24/7.

Back
Top Bottom