Which 4k Bluray Player To Pair With LG G4 OLED?

Soldato
As above, I've just taken delivery of my new LG G4 oled and since getting back into physical media, I want to get the most out of it. My plan is to completely upgrade my home theatre living room setup over the coming months.

I've been looking at the Panasonic UB9000, so I guess my budget is around £1k but I don't need to spend that much if I can get close enough to not miss features etc for less cash.

What do you guys recommend?

not sure you needed a £1000 budget, i bought an absolutely amazing Sony one for £80 in the MM. Fantastic machine i can not fault in any way

Was thinking of getting one (UB820) to go with my old LG OLED B6.

I had everything ripped to run off plex. Of course not backed up, so a failed upgrade to plex/omv/proxmox and I'll have to re rip everything....bah

Thought this would be a nice option in the interim, perhaps overkill? Would one of the cheaper pannys be fine?

I've jumped back towards physical media, mainly because of all the BS with streaming services, price rises, removing content etc etc. Besides steelbooks tickle my pickle! I also want the absolute best out of my equipment.

I don't know what the B6 is like, or what features etc you want but the 820 was the lowest spec I'd consider if you're serious about your physical media

I've got hundreds of discs, and still buy more. The challenge with the TV is that it has a pretty good picture, looks nice, and I keep fixing it when a component breaks.... hence my wife keeps saying no to a new 77 OLED....:)

Sounds like the 820 is the future proofing option.

Thanks

Was thinking of getting one (UB820) to go with my old LG OLED B6.

I had everything ripped to run off plex. Of course not backed up, so a failed upgrade to plex/omv/proxmox and I'll have to re rip everything....bah

Thought this would be a nice option in the interim, perhaps overkill? Would one of the cheaper pannys be fine?

Brother has the cheaper model 410/450 or something, feels a bit cheap, also doesn't have the better quality scaling as the 820. Also lacks legacy digital out, and dual hdmi out

It supports the multi region DVD remote hack though.

Brother has the cheaper model 410/450 or something, feels a bit cheap, also doesn't have the better quality scaling as the 820. Also lacks legacy digital out, and dual hdmi out

It supports the multi region DVD remote hack though.
Thanks, looks like I'll have to sneak an 820 into the house and hide it in the av/tv stand....'oh that old thing? that was in a cupboard, just got it out as plex server died. Yeah it must be old it takes discs...'

Back
Top Bottom