which 600 supersports

Ish

Ish

Associate
Hi

A friend of mine is looking for a bike as he seems to think he will get a bargain at this time of year.

His requirements are

600cc supersports
must be an inline engine
must be fuel injected
must have steering damper

He has a budget of £2k but could stretch to £2.5k

What bikes do you suggest he looks at?

On his list so far is the CBR600F.

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't the F more a sports tourer, not sure I'd place it into the Supersports category (that goes to the RR),

And some other odd requirements like steering damper...

Anyway, for that money you're probably talking several years old but look at the 'main' suspects:
CBR600RR
ZX-6R
GSXR 600 (although I believe other than the most recent one these aren't hugely well regarded?)
R6

If it's possible to get an early one in budget, and I'm not sure it is, Daytona 675 ***...

EDIT: Really, why is F T W still starred out?

Associate
2.5k should get you an 03/04 (B1H/B2H) zx6r.

636cc so the extra cc makes the power still as quick as a modern SS, nice radial brakes and USD forks. Had one until recently and was a great bike.

(600F isnt a supersports, its really a tourer. Difference between it and a CBR/RR is biig)

Ish

Ish

Associate
OP
He said he will consider a sports tourer or a super sports.

As for the steering damper he had a tank slapper on his last bike so he said he would prefer a bike with a damper

Isn't the F more a sports tourer, not sure I'd place it into the Supersports category (that goes to the RR),

And some other odd requirements like steering damper...

Anyway, for that money you're probably talking several years old but look at the 'main' suspects:
CBR600RR
ZX-6R
GSXR 600 (although I believe other than the most recent one these aren't hugely well regarded?)
R6

If it's possible to get an early one in budget, and I'm not sure it is, Daytona 675 ***...

EDIT: Really, why is F T W still starred out?

If only :(

Sure it's your mate asking and not you? ;)

I'd go for a ZX-6R A1P at that money. :)

He will consider a sports tourer as well as supersports

2.5k should get you an 03/04 (B1H/B2H) zx6r.

636cc so the extra cc makes the power still as quick as a modern SS, nice radial brakes and USD forks. Had one until recently and was a great bike.

(600F isnt a supersports, its really a tourer. Difference between it and a CBR/RR is biig)

Associate
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the price youre looking to pay none of the above mentioned bikes or even bikes of that ilk or vintage had a steering damper fitted as standard.
The b1h is a great bike but is quite focused if you are a new rider. That's why I vote A1P.

:)

Soldato
Why not a Honda F4i? then fit after market damper on??

Built well and seem to handle very well

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=ho...0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&biw=1332&bih=633

that be the sport model. :) single seat and different top end on it to rev harder. :)
won the world supersport so not exactly crap..... near standard one won me a motorbike championhip few years ago... ;)

as said - not the most extreme but for £2k you arent going to get that and then also relability comes into it as you can't afford a new bike so you can't afford tyres every month either...

avoid GSXRs as crap build quality and thrasged senseless.
ZX6Rs are ok - bulletproof motors but buildquality second only to honda
R6s - see GSXR except better build but most will be wrote off lol

you won't get a trumpet for that money....

Associate
Is there a 600cc supersport that's more suitable for taller riders? The CBR sounds as though it's fairly small.

The CBR600RR is a great bike and for a supersports its fairly forgiving even if you are a new rider. As for the size it is small, I'm 5'10" and it's fine for me but any taller and it would feel quite cramped.

Back
Top Bottom