• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which air cooler for 5800X3D

Associate
Hi I am going to upgrade my CPU & GPU current have 3600 and looking to get a 5800X3D but not sure what cooler to go for would the Dark rock 4 be ok our would i need the Pro?

Well i ran the stock AMD prism cooler for a while with no problems at all, especially if you put a -20/-30 on all cores, have now got the bquiet twin fan cooler and although temps havent really changed much, its A LOT quieter which is the main reason for me changing.

It dosnt run as hot as people say for me, get low to mid 60c temps when gaming in battlefield 2042 and most other games in the 50c range, i would still probably say get the best cooler you can afford though as if you can afford it, why not :)

Plus with a decent cooler will be quieter

The issue, in my opinion, with the 5800x and x3D is the very concentrated heat which is why big coolers really don't do that much better. I think as long as the cooler you are getting is decent quality, you would be better off going for quiet of operations over lowering temps the most. I have a few ideas though that I'd personally like to test and if I ever get around to it I'll make a post about it.

hi.. i have a thermalright phantom spirit 120 se and i use my cpu with msi b550m at kombo strike 3 but when im hit a stress test wit octt my cpu reach 90 celcius immediatly .... i cant solve the problem ...can you help me please?

hi.. i have a thermalright phantom spirit 120 se and i use my cpu with msi b550m at kombo strike 3 but when im hit a stress test wit octt my cpu reach 90 celcius immediatly .... i cant solve the problem ...can you help me please?
Stop running stress tests

Your cpu cooler will be ok for gaming and general pc stuff but a stress test will over power it in seconds.

You need a good dual tower or an AIO water cooler. But if you just game what temps do you see?

Last edited:

Your cpu cooler will be ok for gaming and general pc stuff but a stress test will over power it in seconds.

You need a good dual tower or an AIO water cooler. But if you just game what temps do you see?
The ps120se IS a dual tower cooler, 7 heatpipes and is better than the pa120...

I'd recommend checking it's fitted corrected and good paste applied

Today i will check it again... And i will share the results.... And how about arctic freezer ii 240 mm... Does it enough for 5800x3d?

The AC 240mm would be very good. The 280 I had ram my cpu very cool. But you have to remember the cpu design of the 5800x/x3d dose mean under supper heavy load dose run hot.

I have custome water with a 280mm/240mm/360mm rad and stress testing would still see 80c but games are at 60 to 65c

Forget stress testing there is no need for it unless your overclocked. Just do what you do with a system.

Last edited:
hi.. i have a thermalright phantom spirit 120 se ....

You need a good dual tower or an AIO water cooler.
Read the message I replied to… and try again.
Not sure what I missed? The ps120se is up there with/better than the rest of the air coolers on the market so you telling him to get a good dual tower cooler doesn't make sense. It will probably equal or better a 240mm aio as well which you've recommended whilst at the same time telling him to forget about stress testing..

Last edited:
The Zalman CNPS17X is a decent HSF for reasonable money.

Staying cool under artificial stress tests is a completely thing. Hardcore custom water cooling? A couple 5000rpm 80mm delta fans?

Hi I am going to upgrade my CPU & GPU current have 3600 and looking to get a 5800X3D but not sure what cooler to go for would the Dark rock 4 be ok our would i need the Pro?
Going to say it'll be fine for the 5800X3D especially if you apply -30 curve optimiser through PBO (or equivalent) which pretty much every chip should be capable of.

The assassin is shooting up, it’s hard to find now for under £50.

When I got one I paid 29.99

Phantom Spirit is available for under £45 and has an extra heat pipe.
I got one early this year as the cost difference to other brands was huge and it performs brilliantly, silent in normal use and keeps temps well under control when gaming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom