• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which AMD drivers should I use?

Associate
Hi all,

First time using AMD (6800) this time round and I see AMD release two drivers:
- WHQL
- Non-WHQL

Since nearly all of nVidias ones are WHQL and quite recent-ish. Should I just use the WHQL version for AMD as well even though it's a few months old?

Or should I just use the auto-detect app?

Associate
I download the latest from AMDs website. The only difference is that theWHQL version Microsoft have been given a pile of cash.

Permabanned
Hi all,

First time using AMD (6800) this time round and I see AMD release two drivers:
- WHQL
- Non-WHQL

Since nearly all of nVidias ones are WHQL and quite recent-ish. Should I just use the WHQL version for AMD as well even though it's a few months old?

Or should I just use the auto-detect app?

Hi,

Normally, you should use the latest - 21.2.1 https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...ies/amd-radeon-6800-series/amd-radeon-rx-6800

Once you have it installed, you don't need to update every time a new version appears.

Soldato
i did ask in the 6900xt thread, the latest drivers seem to give very poor results in BFV has anyone else seen this with a 5900x and 6900xt? on all set to low im getting around 95 fps which is not good.

Thats with these latest drivers and in warzone im getting 175 ish so this isnt as bad, in cold war im getting 200 plus, it just seems BFV is the issue with these drivers do older ones work better?

Back
Top Bottom