Which Camera? £300 - £450

Associate
Hi All,

What I want

- Close up image quality to be sharp and intense whilst being able to blur background from sharp foreground

- Landscape pictures

- Slight optical zoom for that slight closeup picture​

Budget

I have £300 - £450 to spend on the DSLR​

How you can help

What camera would you be recommending?

I know that there is a Canon 40D which is pretty damn good.. But isn't that like £600?.. I don't have that money... But I could save for it if the difference between that and a £450 camera is so much that there is no point getting the less expensive one.​

Nitty Gritty's

I obsess over clarity of picture and am a photoshop demon. I want to see the stubble on chins, I want to see the hairs on the neck.. this is the detail I need in it's cleanest clearest form.

What do you recommend?​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thankyou for your initial comments.

I am worried about second hand equipment and am a fan of opening a spanking new piece of equipment... Not to say I won't take your route.. Perhaps Nikon camera's have that one in between that will help me.

Thanks for mentioning lenses.. I completely forgot they make things become sexy.

Is something like this a bit cack?

EDIT

Just had a look at the 450 D price.. That's a good price for me..

So does it have all the cool features.. I tend to love searching around endless features finding out new ways to regulate light and focus in cool ways.

what do you think buddy?​

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well, I have to wait till the 27th (pay day).. Then when that day comes.. Im gnna make my choice...

I'm extremely excited about it because usually I have to steal pictures or Istock images for my websites and now I can go out and take my own.

I found this comparison: makes the choice clear:

CLICK HERE FOR 400D vs 1000D vs 450D

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow, Thanks guys.

Yes I'll be purchasing the 450d then.. And save up some more for the lens.

I got a few side jobs coming so that should suit me well..

I heard you can code addons for the canon cameras.. is this true? If so I'll post addons I make so you can all beta test and what not.

But it could have been for some other camera, I cannot remember now.

Back
Top Bottom