Which case will fit a Scythe Ninja?

Suspended
madman045 said:
The V1000 etc.. seem really nice cases, however i dont have the extra £££ to buy another case when the stacker cost me enough in the first place.

Looks like im going to have to revert to the AMD stock cooler :(

LOL! Don't be daft- no reason to change case or CPU cooler! Have you looked at my sig?

Just remove the plastic fan holder from the side panel. Remove the 8 allen bolts from the large, you can then remove the four bolts that attach the plastic 8cm fan holder to the panel. Then fit filter and mesh cover back on.

Associate
OP
squiffy said:
LOL! Don't be daft- no reason to change case or CPU cooler! Have you looked at my sig?

Just remove the plastic fan holder from the side panel. Remove the 8 allen bolts from the large, you can then remove the four bolts that attach the plastic 8cm fan holder to the panel. Then fit filter and mesh cover back on.

Hi squiffy, thanks for that, just got to find an allen key small enough for the job.

Are you using the 120mm fan that comes with the ninja or something else as i also have one of the akasa ambers to hand.

Thanks

Andy

Suspended
I'm using the fan that comes with the Ninja. I do have a Thermaltake Thunderblade 12cm which shift 77cfm, quite a bit more than the stock fan, but it's a bit whooshy. The CPU doesn't get hot enough to consider using a noisier fan.

If you can work out a method of fitting a 12cm fan to the side, let me know, as I wouldn't mind one blowing over the VF900/fet area.

Associate
OP
squiffy said:
I'm using the fan that comes with the Ninja. I do have a Thermaltake Thunderblade 12cm which shift 77cfm, quite a bit more than the stock fan, but it's a bit whooshy. The CPU doesn't get hot enough to consider using a noisier fan.

If you can work out a method of fitting a 12cm fan to the side, let me know, as I wouldn't mind one blowing over the VF900/fet area.

I currently have a Vantec Tornado in my P4 rig (using it as we type) and it shifts 119 CFM, but at nearly 57db, not exactly quiet!!

Suspended
VeNT said:
tbh
the Akasa eclipse/mirage both fit really well with room to spair!

So has the stacker, without the side panel fan housing. I think if you can mount a 12cm fan directly onto the panel it'll fit.

Back
Top Bottom