Which console should I go for?

Associate
I need some advice.. We don't play much console, but have an old PS3 and an even older Wii which the kids like to use every now and then.. I know these are really old, so was thinking of getting something slightly newer to replace them. :)

I am slightly confused by the different models Xbox and Sony have released over the last few years, so was wondering which one to go for.

I will probably buy a few second hand games so I guess the digital only versions are no-go?

I might get Xbox Gamepass or PSN - so it will be useful to include that into the consideration.

Which console would you recommend? PS4 or Xbox? and which model should I go for?

(4k tv, console will get light use, not really bothered for streaming content, as I have other devices for that)

Associate
The Series S will be your cheapest route to next gen, pair it with Game Pass Ultimate and you'll be sorted for games. Game Pass recently added EA Play in with the subscription and there's a rumour that UPlay could be added in the future.

Soldato
I'd say for cheap route into next gen and giving lots and lots of games xbox series s paired with game pass ultimate.

I have a ps5 and prefer it but I do prefer Sony exclusive

I do also have series s which I use purely for game pass also love that and its value is better than Sony system at the moment anyway.

Associate
Depends on the type of games you enjoy.

Xbox with game pass is pretty cool, but if you have a decent PC, I don’t see the point. The PlayStation has excellent exclusive single player games so if you’re into that, it’s completely worth it.

With regard to which model, PS4 Pro or Xbox One X - the hardware is significantly better than their base models.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are into a lot of single player story games I would say get ps4 pro, stuff like Last of Us, Uncharted and so on, If you decide on Xbox for the great value gamepass and games like Forza, Gears and so on perhaps consider the newer Xbox series S.

Soldato
Game Pass is absolutely fantastic. It's the reason I'm getting a new Xbox over a PS5.
I'd maybe look at an Xbox One X. Games still look great and run fine on it.

Back
Top Bottom