• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which CPU Cooler For Your Ryzen 5000?

Soldato
Currently have a Corsair H100i that was from my 3700X, top mounted in push mode in my Phanteks P600s and it was great for the 3700x but cant cool the 5950X under Full load so got an Artic Cooling Freezer II 280 on order which i hope will front mount to get cooler air into it and hopefully lower my loaded temps a bit, even 5c would do.

Associate
y4mHvbesnDExSbIzhj3K3zmJRT2sogcYu0UzPmNOS8RrPe-0dq_NVfVjzrAG_iuXBqpVa-ZMDL9kry_7FEqFfUK7Ov_Jvm1AAoUS2gwmkNL9jDf4Y7ms6clv5ggGjT_jx25-Tw0VvkeplBzFDX_3sUC5I7VJWB_m28rP51SxGQxiBH9wACWkrPjxPYTdL3xA9y2
My Alpenföhn Gletscherwasser 360 High Speed CPU Water Cooler - 360mm arrived today, just need my 5900x and Motherboard to be shipped

y4mHvbesnDExSbIzhj3K3zmJRT2sogcYu0UzPmNOS8RrPe-0dq_NVfVjzrAG_iuXBqpVa-ZMDL9kry_7FEqFfUK7Ov_Jvm1AAoUS2gwmkNL9jDf4Y7ms6clv5ggGjT_jx25-Tw0VvkeplBzFDX_3sUC5I7VJWB_m28rP51SxGQxiBH9wACWkrPjxPYTdL3xA9y2

Associate
5600x is due to arrive tomorrow - comes with a cooler as stock but was looking at perhaps getting a better one myself.. anyone here either had a 5600x and tested the stock option, or seen anything suggesting additional cooling is required?

Primarily for gaming

Associate
Im using an Artic Freezer Liquid 2 420mm front mounted as intake in my Phanteks P600s, to cool my 5900x. Everything at default, PBO set to 200mhz, idle temps are 27-29c and load temps max ive seen is 60-63c.
uDT2Jem.jpg
XkLFRgO.jpg

Soldato
Chonk I'm jelly of the AIO wish my store sold that brand.

just a couple things to mention: that gpu is sagging quite a lot lol, maybe put something under it. And what's actually a concern, at least from the angle of your photos it looks like the AIO tubing might be making contact with the graphics card, that's a no-no, it should not contact the GPu

Caporegime
Im using an Artic Freezer Liquid 2 420mm front mounted as intake in my Phanteks P600s, to cool my 5900x. Everything at default, PBO set to 200mhz, idle temps are 27-29c and load temps max ive seen is 60-63c.
uDT2Jem.jpg
XkLFRgO.jpg
Exactly the same setup here (Case, AIO,) though to prolong the life of the AIO I have the tubes at the top as intake.

Associate
Exactly the same setup here (Case, AIO,) though to prolong the life of the AIO I have the tubes at the top as intake.

Matt i read numerous reports that the tubes should be orientated so they are at the bottom, any air should trap inside the Rad at the top as its the highest point, so your rad is mounted on the front with the tubes at the top?

Caporegime
According to Gamers Nexus, they stated tubes should be at the bottom so air traps in the top of the rad and does not get passed to the pump i think.
Yep exactly this, also the Artic user guide even shows a pic saying tubes at the top is incorrect.
****. Cheers gents guess i better change it around then Lol.

I could have sworn in the Arctic instructions via the QR code bundled with the cooler it said pipes at the top was the right way. :o

Associate
****. Cheers gents guess i better change it around then Lol.

I could have sworn in the Arctic instructions via the QR code bundled with the cooler it said pipes at the top was the right way. :o

Nah because i double checked this and believe me it was not easy getting those pipes at the bottom, i had to cable tie them to the side of the case otherwise they interfere with the gpu mounting, its a bit of a hassle. I almost bought a new case lmao so i could top mount it.

Caporegime
Nah because i double checked this and believe me it was not easy getting those pipes at the bottom, i had to cable tie them to the side of the case otherwise they interfere with the gpu mounting, its a bit of a hassle. I almost bought a new case lmao so i could top mount it.
Yeah i can imagine mate, that was the reason i had it how i did.

Damn, gonna have to turn it around, luckily i don't think (hope) i will need to remove the pump from the CPU.

Caporegime
Matt i read numerous reports that the tubes should be orientated so they are at the bottom, any air should trap inside the Rad at the top as its the highest point, so your rad is mounted on the front with the tubes at the top?
One question, where are the fan cables for the AIO? When I had them hidden on the other side I couldn’t get the AIO rad screws to line up at the front.

Soldato

I have the same case and because ive an RTX3080 i went with the 280 Freezer as i thought the tubes would not get around the VGA card, but your pic shows i could have done it... oh well... Nice build by the way, very tidy and smart :)

Associate
One question, where are the fan cables for the AIO? When I had them hidden on the other side I couldn’t get the AIO rad screws to line up at the front.

Fan cables are hidden in the tubing but also they are on the side of the fans, i have mine hidden against the side of the case, it was a bit of work and i had to really push the rad sideways to get the screws to line up but its doable, ive since mounted Phanteks Halos ontop as well, so thats even more cables lol, but it all fits and can be hidden. I basically pulled the side panels off, pulled the top off so i could route the cables as i was putting the rad in place etc. Took a while but its definitely worth doing, the P600S has aload of slider covers as you know which helps with cable routing.

Back
Top Bottom