Which custom ROM do you use?

Soldato
At the moment I'm running Darkys 10.4.2 full release and whilst it's not a bad ROM to be on, I was wondering which other custom ROM's that are out there that you good folks of this forum use?

I've always stuck with Darky's ROM's because it was the first custom ROM that I'd flashed and the members on the forum are really helpful.

Should I try another ROM and if so, which one?

Answers on a postcard please :)

Thanks in advance :D

Al :D

Ninja edit .... I forgot to mention I'm using an SGS1.

Associate
I've got the teamhacksung ICS rom on my sgs1 and love it.

I tried DarkyROM but prefer ICS so went back to teamhacksung.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
AOKP for me. Team Kang > *

Also, for pink angry Unicorns!

9c8bc_team-kang.png

Soldato
OP
AOKP for me. Team Kang > *

Also, for pink angry Unicorns!

9c8bc_team-kang.png

I tried that ROM mrk but its start up screen is soooooo girly :eek: I quite like the look of ICS but I found it hard to navigate around when looking for various options though. I suppose I just need to get used to it. I'm gonna try a few other versions of ICS to see how they feel seeing as I have bugger all else to do today :D

Associate
I tried that ROM mrk but its start up screen is soooooo girly :eek: I quite like the look of ICS but I found it hard to navigate around when looking for various options though. I suppose I just need to get used to it. I'm gonna try a few other versions of ICS to see how they feel seeing as I have bugger all else to do today :D

You can disable the boot animation in ROM control, first thing I do whenever I flash a new version. You just get the default Android animation instead.

Pink unicorns.....no thanks!!!!

Soldato
AOKP is an entirely different ROM, but the ROM you're using is a mix of CM9 (base) and AOKP (customisations). Since they're both open source, it's fairly simple to mix and match features. The actual AOKP developers haven't got Galaxy S II's apparently, so that's why it isn't officially supported, but we have other people porting stuff over onto a CM9 base.

Man of Honour
Smartbeat Venemous ICS on the Desire HD at the moment.

Very fast, but usual ICS Sense 4.0A missing features on the DHD the main being lack of camera and some touchscreen issues with games. But otherwise the fastest, smoothest, longest battery life DHD experience I've had so far.

Back
Top Bottom