• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which E6600 stepping ?

Soldato
OP
dark4orz said:
i've not heard of any stepping which is crap on C2D ??
Agreed there are not really any crap ones, but some do seem to clock better than others......seems week 28/29 have been achieving better results......and also the ones with B (eg L268Bxxx) in the code seem to be particulalry good.

My L624A602 seems to want plenty of vcore to get beyond 3.2GHz - not that this is bad ;) - whereas many week 28 'B' versions seem to go for 3.6GHz and beyond with similar volts.

Man of Honour
My week 28 does 3.6 on 1.57v. most I have dared get out of it is 3.75 @1.63v.

L628A315

The B ones seem to overclock better with less volts but temps are also higher on those revisions so some decent cooling is required.

Man of Honour
Dunno what they represent tbh. I was just making a comparison to those who have the b's to the A's and on average the A's are cooler but don't get as high an average overclock. Then again the B's seem to be a more recent stepping and as such are scarce.

Associate
w3bbo said:
Dunno what they represent tbh. I was just making a comparison to those who have the b's to the A's and on average the A's are cooler but don't get as high an average overclock. Then again the B's seem to be a more recent stepping and as such are scarce.

mine is an 'A' im just using stock volts on my 3.2 clock @ the moment

Soldato
xija06 said:
Hmm, must be just me, I'm able to get my week 27 to 3.93 on 1.35v? I don't even want to see the highest at 1.6 volts! :D

What motherboard/cpu/ram are you using ?

Do you have vcore on auto ? it may be running more volts than you think.

Back
Top Bottom