Which headphone stand for your HD650s?

Associate
So according to this video:

He doesn't recommend stands with small / thin contact points as "the headphone may bend down and sag or leave an indentation", which I guess makes sense.

He reckons the bent wood Omega style stand "compresses the ear pads, and spreads out the head band too much"

He then suggests his wider stand is amazing but "don't store them on here for longer periods of time because over time it'll still compress the underside of the headphone band, especially for heavier headphones".

So, what have people found with their HD650s and stands causing near Armageddon - at least according to this guy ;) Are they heavy cans? Do you really care that much? What's your favourite stand?

I'm currently thinking... 'Avantree Universal Solid Steel Headphone Stand Hanger with Cable Holder'

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It does help, it makes putting them back in the box an option! No compression in the box of course, until you put it down on the floor and stand on it :D

Associate
i use a GVDV Aluminum Headphone Hook just looked at my akg 550s it has left a 2 small faint lines / indentions on the underside of the headband, not used them for a few weeks though i guess the guy in the video may have a point if you have super heavy headphones and your storing them on a hook style stand with a none curved styling for a long time. its not altered the fit on mine though still snug.

Associate
Guys...same here ...I've got the Siberia 800s which I use for gaming and I keep them in their box ....also got X2s....they have only been out their box once. And finally got Dt770s..they don't go in their box but in the bag that was supplied....I keep all my gear back away nice and neat....must be. An ocd thing...lol

Associate
The konig Meyer ones are the best imo. No pressure on the cups and very wide band support. Is resin with matte rubber coating. You can get them that attach to the table or to poles. I've got mine attached to my monitor arm

Soldato
The official stand...
Sennheiser-Headphone-Stand-Desk-Clamp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom