• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which heatsink for 9900k

Soldato
Is thermal grizzly better than AS5 also which is the best way to apply Thermal grizzly?
I have liquid metal but have been told I should only use that on a naked die and not on the IHS to waterblock

Last edited:
Soldato
Is thermal grizzly better than AS5 also which is the best way to apply Thermal grizzly?
I have liquid metal but have been told I should only use that on a naked die and not on the IHS to waterblock

I would go for Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut over AS5. Probably no right or wrong way to apply it (Just don't do a Verge). I usually put a small amount in the centre and let the weight of the cooler spread it.

The Liquid Metal is usually used when delidding. You also have to be careful what material your cpu cooler is made of as it can react with Aluminium and damage it. It is also a lot more difficult to apply, and is electrically conductive. If you get any over components on the motherboard then it could cause your board to fail if not cleaned off properly.

Back
Top Bottom