Which hosting service?

Don
I only really use it for hosting files used on forums and a basic website.

Signed up to QiQ hosting a few years ago, but now they're £29.99 a year and they've reduced the bandwidth and storage by 90% from when I first signed up!

Soldato
bledd, like you I started off with QiQ and whilst their support and response times to my emails were brilliant I felt that £30 a year was too much for what I needed. I moved my website to Vidahost and loved them so much I now host two work related websites with Vidahost as well. I particularly like their 50% discount for charities and schools which we can use on both of the websites being as I work in a school. :)

So if they are still charging £30 a year but reducing the bandwidth and storage they are obviously trying to get you to move up the packages and pay them more!

Soldato
I use TsoHost and they are great. Very cheap too. I believe there are discount codes on the forum here somewhere.

I use TsoHost too, had fantastic service from them and very reasonable prices.

TSOHost or VidaHost. Can't go wrong with either of them. Accept no substitutes.

bledd, like you I started off with QiQ and whilst their support and response times to my emails were brilliant I felt that £30 a year was too much for what I needed. I moved my website to Vidahost and loved them so much I now host two work related websites with Vidahost as well. I particularly like their 50% discount for charities and schools which we can use on both of the websites being as I work in a school. :)

So if they are still charging £30 a year but reducing the bandwidth and storage they are obviously trying to get you to move up the packages and pay them more!

Says it all!

+1 for TSOHost/Vidahost

Soldato
Can somebody tell me why every client I have come across is always with fast hosts, who are over priced, have a nearly unusable control panel and the worst service of any of them. Do they advertise on tv or something?

Associate
Can I go against the grain and suggest Clook.co.uk? Been using them for personal and business sites (several now) for the past 10 years. Can't fault them at all. If they change their packages, you either get a free upgrade (if everything is same or better) or remain on the current packages with the option to switch (for example, they increased actual limits but cut overselling allowance on some of their reseller packages - so didn't force everyone over).

The team are UK based, there's a phone number, and everyone always seems happy to go the extra mile.

Back
Top Bottom