Which keyboard

Soldato
After a few suggestions for a new keyboard whilst I continue to try and learn the coding arts.

I currently have a Ducky with red switches which is fine but I have the itch to change. Possibly to something quieter.

Anyone done the same or have some good suggestions? Preferably backlit

Soldato
Personally I found reds work best for me cutting down on my fat fingers pressing something accidently. Blacks are the quiet ones iirc but require less force to activate them so if you're fat fingered like me then they may not be ideal.

If it doesn't have to be backlit then I highly reccomend the zowie celeritas keyboard if you can find one. They're getting a bit rare these days :(. I had to buy a second just in case mine died and there wasn't a replacement available then.

It's got the nice fat return key which I've always appriciated.

Soldato
If noise is the problem then try a pack of the O rings that OC sell. I also have the big desk mats which also helps.

I'm a code monkey and use 2 mech boards on different machines, a gigabyte aviva which I don't think is made any more and a DAS 3, both brown switch. I doubt you are really going to notice much difference, perhaps divert the upgrade itch to a different toy. I value screen real estate far more. One of the guys working for me has to have 3 monitors in work.

Soldato
I'm still happy with my Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX blues, I like the clickety-clack :)

It's nice and compact and devoid of annoying bells and whistles, plan white backlighting.

Tempted to pick up a Das Keyboard for the office and take the Ducky home. I used a Das with no key markings for a couple of years at work, keeps people away from your machine ;)

Associate
I love my QPad with blue switches, ive used it at home for a year and it feels very nice.
However im starting a new full time job in a office with a few other developers, I have a bit of cash laying around in an busieness account that i could use to get a new keyboard. For my new work.
Woud people find this weird if i took my keyboard in?
And would people be annoyed at the noise?

I love the blues but there the only keys I have ever used on a mech

Back
Top Bottom