Which monitor

Associate
Well i'm looking for a widescreen monitor and have narrowed it down to either a Viewsonic VX2025 and the Nec LCD20WGX2.How better and what extras does the Nec have over the viewsonic is it worth paying the extra money.I will be playing games mostly but will playing dvds to.

Man of Honour
loonyone said:
Well i'm looking for a widescreen monitor and have narrowed it down to either a Viewsonic VX2025 and the Nec LCD20WGX2.How better and what extras does the Nec have over the viewsonic is it worth paying the extra money.I will be playing games mostly but will playing dvds to.

this article might help you.

The NEC LCD20WGX2 does have a few differences to the VX2025WM though. For a start, it's using a different panel technology. It's AS-IPS panel offers some of the best responsiveness in the whole market right now, and for gaming it's one of the best you can get right now. Colour reproduction is very good as well, as are viewing angles and contrast (thanks to LG.Philip's DFC technology used to offer the 1600:1 contrast ratio). However, I think one thing to be wary of is the movie playback may be a problem to some users. Some don't like the reflective nature of the OptiClear coating used and find it a pain when watching movies, especially in dark scenes. Movie noise is also more noticable then on the VX2025WM but not really a problem from a couple of metres away. Just something to be aware of though, this seems to be the only fairly common gripe from some reviews / users about the NEC. Still a fantastic screen though

Back
Top Bottom