Which motherboard?

Soldato
MSI Z87-G45

Gigabyte GA-Z87-OC

Other option?

Not that fussed about overclocking but my try in the future. I just want a good solid board with decent on board sound, and ideally i'd like bluetooth but that's not the be all and end all.

I'll be pairing with an I5 4670 probably, a powercolor HD7870 Myst edition GPU and 2x4gb corsair XMS 3

budget is around £100 (yes i know the gigabyte is more)

Soldato
OP
I have to say, after reading reviews on the gigabyte, there seem to be a LOT of dissatisfied customers with that particular board, complaints about crashes, corrupt BIOS and DOA boards. It's putting me off to be honest. It also used older technology for sound. Also, i read the top PCIe slot gets in the way of the CPU HSF if you're not using WC (which i'm not)? Surely i could save some money going for a board not entirely designed for overclocking?

Soldato
OP
So i got burned on the gigabyte Z87-OC from members market, apparently the seller 'dropped' it so couldn't sell it to me. Shame as i'd warmed to it.

However, on a different forum, an Asus Maximus VI Hero has turned up brand new for £100. What are they like and how do they compare to the gigabyte?

Thx

Back
Top Bottom