Which Naim?

Associate
Hello guys, I'm wanting a little help on what to purchase, I'm wanting a new naim system and was looking at the 122x/150x/flatcap2x/CD5I combo which comes in at around £3000 (I'm on a budget)..

Now heres my problem, having never listend to a naim setup before but have a rather good ear for exceptional sound quality I ask you.. Instead of buying the 122x/150x and the flatcap could I just buy the all inclusive integrated nait 5i and save myself £1500, are these parts crucial to the sound quailty as I've only ever owned inteamps..

Also if anyone has a naim setup and has pics of the back of their setup, as I know there very barebone but I would just like to look at how the power supply, amp and pre amp are wired up as I notice they have limited RCA and tend to use the DIN-DIN connectors, I would just like to see how they're wired up..

Any other info or reccomendations is much appreciated. :)

EDIT: This may seem a little exsessive but I have edited a bunch of images (not very well) with what I am currently familier with, the usual RCA connectors and the speakers and the mains plugs, could anyone help me with what all the other DIN plugs are usually used for.. thanks again.

sdfgsdfghcopykv3.gif

Last edited:
Associate
OP
How do quanitify yourself as having a good ear :confused:

Having grown up with my father who was a sound technician and has a krell evo setup (I think), we spent many nights listening to and criticising other setups (just not naim, unfortunately)

What system have you heard so far ?

Well I currently have the nad c542 and the nad cc325bee which has been ok but i really really want to upgrade the whole system..

Are you picking out some speakers as well.

I was thinking of the B&W 704's, any recommendations that suit the naim well?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom