Which P35

Soldato
Okay, I haven't really been paying attention to these new P35 boards but my manager in work wants to get a new computer. He was going to go dell but I told him I could build him one cheaper.

I know what will work well with most components. For RAM I'm just going to stick with Geil as they seem to work pretty well and are **** cheap at the moment. Unless anyone can recommend something better? I doubt he'll be overclocking that much.

What I don't know about are the new P35 boards. Basically which would be best? I can't really see much differences between the DS3P, P5K and IP35 Pro apart from the DS3P having one less PCI slot.

Which is most stable? I doubt he'd really be able to fix most problems on his own so I want something that will potter away doing office work and gaming for him.

Associate
Im in the same boat. Im really looking into the Asus P35 boards, but i heard these boards are a stop gap to the X38, and not much an improvement over ther P965P ive heard. Please someone correct me if im wrong.. :)

Soldato
They clock like crazy, apparantly more stable, Abit and Asus are the pick of the bunch imo. P5K and IP35 Pro i would suggest purely as more of the large heatsinks fit them than say Gigabytes top end board.

Soldato
If he doesn't need RAID & Firewire then you can pick up an IP35-E or P35-DS3 for under £70.
Adding those will add ~£20 & then upto the Pro/DQ6 will add another ~£30 or so (& even more for the P5K DeLuxe).

Soldato
OP
I'd like to leave his options for crossfire open in the future. He's quite rich so might go for it when he needs it down the road.

Soldato
The differences within the Gigabyte P35 mobos:

GA-P35-Diffs.png

Back
Top Bottom