Which Professional Portable Laptop? Multimedia desktop replacement

Associate
Hi,

Basically I want a laptop to replace my desktop pc. My desktop is currently a 2.4ghz p4, 1 gig ram, 6800 gfx card. The reason for my change is that I barely ever play games on it anymore, and it just takes up loads of space. I only seem to use my desktop for internet, music and video nowadays. A laptop would be much more useful to me, and save a lot of space.

Now for requirements...
* Portable... i want something that is easily portable.. not a massive big thing like some of the gamers laptops.
* Good resolution... 1024 * 768 minimum.. ideally higher
* 512mb+ RAM or more
* Decent enough processor (pentium preferred)... ideally something that wont just fall over and die when I introduce Windows Vista to it.
* 60gig HDD minimum, although i will be getting a NAS drive too.
* GFX card that will allow me to play some half decent games, obviously im not expecting it to play BF2 at full res... but it would be nice to handle some games from time to time. Im getting an xbox360 anyways... so wont be using it for gaming too much.
* Decent audio and video outputs to plug into my hi-fi and tv would be good.
* Professional looking. I dont want some cheap looking thing. It needs to be a bit of a corporate workhorse of a laptop.

I've been having a look at some of the Dells and some of the IBM thinkpads, both seem really well built.

Budget = about a grand (ideally less)... could spend a bit more if needed.

Idea's appreciated.
Cheers.
:D

Associate
OP
ok.

Anyone know of any forums that I would be better asking this question on? I guess there are not many laptop people here.

Back
Top Bottom