2x h/d
1 x cd drive
xfi fatality
Fan control unit

FSP Sparkle AX500-A Blue Storm 500W ATX2.0 PSU

Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU

Hiper HPU-4K580-MK Type R 580W Modular ATX2.2 PSU

Antec TrueBlue 2.0 480W PSU

Do not really want to spend any more any advice. :)

I recommend avoiding the Hyper psu's, they are poor quality and have been known to blow up. Several people have reported problems and failures, and when Trusted reviews reviewed it it blew up their test equipment. I wouldn't touch it...

Edit: You do not need a 480w/500w psu for that system. Any branded >350w psu will be fine.

The 380w modular antec looks like a good deal to me.

Last edited:
Joe42 said:
I recommend avoiding the Hyper psu's, they are poor quality and have been known to blow up. Several people have reported problems and failures, and when Trusted reviews reviewed it it blew up their test equipment. I wouldn't touch it...

:eek: :eek:

Don't want one of them then, will a 380w + still cut if for overclocking?

Joe42 said:
Just edited my post, the 380w antec looks good. What graphics card do you have?
Edit: Damn these edits! Yes i think a 380 will easily cut it for anything except insane graphics.

Ordering a x800 gto. Just don't want to buy an underpowered psu rather spend and extra £10 to be safe. :)

What about Tagan TG420-U01 420W ATX2.0 Silent PSU

or

Enermax Liberty 400W ELT400AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant

Last edited:
I've heard tagans are great but are 160mm long (i think) so watch out for that.

I have an enermax liberty 500w and it whines like a mule. might just be mine though. The modular cables is a nice touch though.

alucks said:
I've heard tagans are great but are 160mm long (i think) so watch out for that.

I have an enermax liberty 500w and it whines like a mule. might just be mine though. The modular cables is a nice touch though.

All the reviews i have read, have said it is quite. Its on offer as well which is nice. :D

Back
Top Bottom