Which Quick disconnect fittings?

Associate
Looks right, both are VL3N models.
If it's appropriate to what you plan is you could always go for a male threaded VL3N QDC and plug it straight to the block/pump/rad.

Associate
Just a note of caution, I've purchased a pair of these a while ago and didn't end up using them.

On the VL3N-F10S you would need either a compression fitting with a G1/4 thread to connect your tubing to, or you could use a short G1/4 to G1/4 to connect it to a bulkhead or radiator, you can't connect a tube straight in to the back of the fitting if it's the one I'm thinking of.
Maybe worth giving OC a quick call to check before ordering just to confirm.

I abandoned using them as it would make for a long coupling and would spoil the look of the inside of my case.

Soldato
The VL3N-F10S (or VL3N-F10-13S) have a compression fitting built in
it's the VL3N-FG that has a threaded end

'VL3' is the flow of the QC. (VL4 being the highest flow and largest QC)
'N' is for no spill
'F' is for female (M for male)
'10' is the ID of the THIN WALL tube needed (or G for g1/4 threaded)
'13' is the OD
'S' is for compression fitting (B for barb)

Personally I use the VL4-M13-19S
and I wouldn't use the threaded version unless it's a bulkhead.
To detach them you have to twist them - much easier (and safer) with tube both sides
They are big, heavy - but great at there job especially if you swap out hardware all the time, or have an external rad
Pointless for a setup that only changes once a year.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok cheers.

Thinking about it, not sure where I'd place them without buying a tonne of them, and as you say they're heavy and kind of a waste of money if not use tactically (already spent a fortune on fittings).

Will give this a good think before taking the plunge.

Associate
Ok cheers.

Thinking about it, not sure where I'd place them without buying a tonne of them, and as you say they're heavy and kind of a waste of money if not use tactically (already spent a fortune on fittings).

Will give this a good think before taking the plunge.

Personally use Koolance quick dc's on my bay res for easier draining or if I need to pull out the res if a pump fails or something. They are expensive but the pain they save you is worth it in the long run in my opinion - and they are pretty neat, I can have the two D5's both at max setting and if I unhook one of the disconnects not a drop falls :)

Back
Top Bottom